Page 213 of 422 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

+1

LOL, razz, IL and LDAHL...
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Because we have 1 car garages because the houses are old most people park in their driveway. If you forget to lock your door things are being stolen. Luckily we never forget and don’t leave valuables in the cars.

Teacher Terry, here in the downtown area it is sometimes cheaper to leave the car unlocked. Otherwise, the window is broken to riffle thru the car. But the best deterrent is to leave zero things out in a car that is left outside.

Packages are a big item for theft. But our neighbor's package was just opened and left since the thief did not apparently want underwear.

My ex did that when he worked in a bad neighborhood in Milwaukee. We can’t do that because we go over the mountains in winter and have gear in the trunk. We also have a dog car seat and CD’s in the car. It’s doubtful anyone wants that stuff but the car seat was expensive. So far it’s been people not locking or leaving stuff in the bed of their truck.

I don’t leave things in the car because that’s asking for it, but I sometimes leave the car unlocked mistakenly when I’m wrangling dogs.

Almost every time I leave the car unlocked, there is evidence the next morning that someone has opened the car door and rifled through it.

That would really get old IL and totally understand why you are moving. So sad that your neighborhood has been ruined.

That my town road agent or someone is not well organized and does lousy planning!

Earlier this year they cut ditches across our road in several places to apparently put in new culverts or something. Then they filled in the ditches and marked the edges with cones on each side. They did this in about 5 places.

Then they did Nothing? And apparently planned to just leave it til next spring. They’d used the allocated materials and manpower I guess, so needed to order more and the budget to turn over.

Several of us complained.

So this week started with the entire town’s road crew out there, and we now live on a dirt road, 6 or 8 inches of the stuff. They’re working really hard to give us a single, flat road surface. God only knows what it will be like with ice on it, or with frost heaves, or just 3” of asst snow and ice?

I can't stand it when I see people driving while texting on their phone. It makes me wish I had one of those flashing red lights you can put on the top of your car and pull them over. I would then take my hammer and smash their phone.

Totally don't get women who leave their purse in the cart and walk away. Happened 2x today. I spoke up. They looked at ME like I was nuts! Jeez... moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Totally don't get women who leave their purse in the cart and walk away. Happened 2x today. I spoke up. They looked at ME like I was nuts! Jeez... moronic.
    Yes, that is dumb. I can’t imagine doing that in any shopping cart in the St. Louis region.

Thread Information