Page 186 of 422 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 4217

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Yppej
    The office bully, who went to complain to the boss about me today. He said he wanted to hear both sides of the story and I had over a dozen examples of her bad behavior towards me. Last week someone else complained that I wouldn"t fix her mistake and he made her fix it. It gets old real fast having people wander around the office all day gossiping and complaining about me while I work.

A recruiter is working with me on a potential job elsewhere. Fingers crossed!

Y, good luck on the job search!

The bad news: I am close to $3000 in medical bill debt (two recent surgeries and Occupational Therapy for wrist). The good news is all are on payment plans of around $120 per month.

I just HATE being in debt though, any kind of debt...

Sorry about that medical debt, SiouxQ. It's one of my fears in retirement that my little nest egg would be quickly gobbled up by out of pocket medical needs.
    I don't know about NM, but here in AZ you can claim some of that on your taxes, so maybe that will help reduce the financial sting?

I don't itemize, so that never works. I should correct my amounts that I stated above: one bill is $100 per month, and the newest one is $131, destined to go higher when the bills from the two emergency room visits come in. Well, I have certainly hit my $750 deductible early in the plan year...

I am grateful for the no-interest payment plans.

I was expecting an order from Amazon. USPS couldn't deliver it, likely due to snow accumulation, though the auto-response was something like "We couldn't get into your building." That was fine. Amazon provided a number to call, which of course was a phone tree. (Is it necessary to say that I hate those things?) It asks for a tracking number, which I have right in front of me. Robo recites it back to me. Yep, that's it. "We have no record of that tracking number. If you like, you can talk to an operator; the wait will be 37 to 55 minutes. Please hold." First world problems...

Jane, I was expecting a shipment of a small gold ring which is a tiny package and high price, very unusual for me so I watched the Fed ex tracking data and it was ridiculous how UNHELPFUL that was.

they had my package in the local facility for two days. I tried the Robo call center and Robo girl could not understand my pronunciation of tracking number even though my accent is mid western and nothing odd or weird. Finally, a guy in India confirmed that my package was sitting in the Fed ex office less than half a mile from my house.

Because we have package thieves, and because I do not trust for a moment that the Fed ex guy will actually knock on my door to get a signature because They have a history of not doing that, I just wanted to go pick it up at the FedEx office. When I got there the nice young lady behind the desk wasn’t sure she could find it because it wasn’t Specifically ready to pick up. But bless her heart she did find it!

so much stupidity. FedEx invited me to leave a review of my online experience but I declined because they are idiots and why should I give them more of my time. Normally I just buy expensive items at the store so I don’t have to worry about delivery in our theft ridden neighborhood.

We have had the occasional mail theft, so I rented a PO box. Sign of the times, I suppose.
    I have some faith I can get this delivery rescheduled, but it shouldn't have been a difficult process.
    I'm glad the ring is safely in your possession!

We were riding on the interstate at late dusk the other day, and there was a car without it's lights on. Then more recently, we had a pretty heavy fog here and I couldn't believe how many people were driving without their lights on. How hard is it to put your lights on??

More ranting: our idiot Circuit attorney has decided to not prosecute “crimes of poverty” so package thieves are pretty much free to roam and steal.This, coupled with her wasteful use of my tax dollars to go after our Governor for a non existent “crime” and her all out war with our local police department has me lining up my plans to move to Hermann sooner than later.

Really, in a city known for its crime, it is STUPID to take this course of action. But that is the fallout of Mike Brown’s incident in Ferguson. The only bright spot (evil laughter) is that the citizens in St. Louis County are getting the same treatment, a Ferguson Afficianado is heading up their Proscecuting Office and the good citizens of LAdue, Huntleigh, Kirskwood and other toney suburbs are getting the same treatement we get in the city: if you are white you are rich and you will not get services from the prosecutors office.

Thread Information