Page 181 of 422 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

That was sweet of your son.

Yppej
    Busybodies. I emptied my groceries into my trunk and left my cart near where I parked, not blocking any of the parking spaces. I did not return it to where other carts are. This is one the few chains to hire 14 and 15 year olds to round up carts, and these jobs are highly sought after.

Busybody sees me to this and honks her horn at least 15 times at me before she gets out and moves the cart herself. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Busybodies. I emptied my groceries into my trunk and left my cart near where I parked, not blocking any of the parking spaces. I did not return it to where other carts are. This is one the few chains to hire 14 and 15 year olds to round up carts, and these jobs are highly sought after.

Busybody sees me to this and honks her horn at least 15 times at me before she gets out and moves the cart herself. Really?
    Uncorralled carts have a tendency to become missiles in a slight breeze. One did $600 damage to my wife's car last year.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I always return my carts for that very reason.

Just shaking my head here.

Missouri Botanical Gardens, where we have numerous plant society meetings and events, is now charging a penalty to groups that use their facility if their members do not sort their trash according to their Byzantine, unfathomable rules.

You have no idea how many times over the past three years my intelligent and educated colleagues have stood over the three trash bins, arguing about what is “compostable” and what must go into recycling. Landfill, we pretty much know it when we see it. Last Sunday I walked away from another interminable arguement from two people who had recently undergone training from MOBOT staff about the trash sorting.

When you make this stuff so complex, it wont happen the way you want it to. I am in favor of simply taking our trash bags home with us. One plant society is buying special “plant based material” plates, cups, eating utensils. Ok, fine, whatever, lets thow more money st this.

MOBOT is the same organization that requires we cover all tables when we have shows and sales. That is fine for shows because we want things to look nice and we have bed sheeting to cover about a dozen tables. We use it year after year.

But when it comes to sales, we don’t need that show factor and we use many more tables. MoBot’s tables are black plastic and would not be damaged if we did not cover them.

But still we comply with their rules and roll out yards and yards of plastic table coverings, most which get torn and must be thrown away. So wasteful, so non-earth friendly.

IL, I like your simple solution)

I just called a junk hauler to see what their rates are. The guy said to call his daughter and gave me her phone number.

Ten minutes later (and I'm at work), the daughter calls me. I told her I can't talk now.

Why do people do this??

And of course they tried to tell me what a ripoff dumpsters are and how their service is better.

Major frustration here... with online shopping. Things come via FedEx but have to be returned (if necessary) via USPS, which necessitates printing a label and taking it to the post office. ARG!!!

Things that come via UPS have to be return through a "real UPS store" so they can scan the label off my phone. This is a change from printing a label at home and dropping the package off at the neighborhood Staples, which also has a shipping counter.

Ordered clothes for myself from JCPenney, out of 14 items not a single one was the same quality as those I had bought in the store!! All had the same exact item numbers. (Winter) Shirts were like tissue paper and see thru, pants were a totally different cut, waistband, and fabric. Bras were different fabric and elastic. "Fleece sweatshirt" was so light weight it also was see thru!! Those I got to return in the store, only had to wait in line 20 minutes....

Neighbor who tries to cut down a tree higher than his house with a chain saw and takes out the electricity to his next door neighbor and causes electrical chaos for the other neighbors. I thought a bomb had gone off (I live on the other side) and all my appliances and alarms went off. His neighbor was not at home and we all hope a smoldering fire was not started.

So wrong on so many levels. He lives on a tiny urban lot and the tree was obviously almost dead. All kinds of lines around this house. The neighbor's house and both garages were less than 15 feet away from the tree and there is a wood privacy fence between the two houses. He had no clue that even one branch could do a lot of damage.

Neighbor was lucky he didn't bring the tree down on himself...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information