Page 280 of 421 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Klunick, that sounds awful

Klunick, is it possible that he, as the newcomer, is trying make sure that he understands everyone's role and will step back with time?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Klunick, is it possible that he, as the newcomer, is trying make sure that he understands everyone's role and will step back with time?
    That’s kind of what I was thinking too. As a new manager you have to insert yourself into the process if you really want to understand what people are doing. And managers have a responsibility to understand the processes that take place in their work units.

That doesn’t mean that this learning curve isn’t annoying for the employees who are humming along doing a good job because it is annoying. It requires that they take time to now educate their boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Klunick, that sounds awful
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That’s kind of what I was thinking too. As a new manager you have to insert yourself into the process if you really want to understand what people are doing. And managers have a responsibility to understand the processes that take place in their work units.

That doesn’t mean that this learning curve isn’t annoying for the employees who are humming along doing a good job because it is annoying. It requires that they take time to now educate their boss.
    When I say he is "new", I mean that he's been here for a little over a year. He doesn't want to learn what we do. He doesn't want to learn how to do it. He just wants to control everything that we do even though he doesn't understand it. He is a glory hound and doesn't want anyone to get any credit for anything even if he had nothing to do with it. He wants to be have his names attached regardless.

Rant at myself - Was doing a REALLY long walk today and got a text from my sister. Called, but ended up leaving a message on her phone as I was walking. Walking and talking went fine! But as I was looking at my phone to hit the "end call" button, at the exact time, I hit a piece of uneven pavement and went down - on my left side. Casualties include base of pinkie finger (I was holding - and saved! - the cell phone), lower left calf nicely scraped, upper left thigh with one little puncture wound (probably from a pebble), really good job on the left elbow (bloodiest spot), and left shoulder, where I must have rolled and ended up. Left side of right palm also sore where I think I actually "caught" myself.

Happy there are no broken bones, but some swelling and the soreness is seeping in now (about 4 hours after).

Lesson learned: Don't drive and text on the cell phone AND don't walk and talk/leave messages on the cell phone!!!

Sigh... I'm too old for this!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Wow! Glad you’re OK. Don’t try and walk a s chew gum at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Wow! Glad you’re OK. Don’t try and walk a s chew gum at the same time!
    LOL - Thank you and thanks for the advice! Actually, I don't chew gum because of old, metal fillings!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

That would be aggravating to have happen.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

So sorry happy stuff.

Moved furniture and was sore so took Arnica Montana homepathic pellets (Boiron brand- 30C). Surprising how that stuff works for swelling and sore muscles (also bruising).

That would be aggravating to have happen.
    Just feeling silly at not paying more attention and falling.

Thread Information