Page 155 of 422 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

This week I am officially clear of all responsibility for one plant society, it is dissolved. So being a glutton for punishment, I jumped in to work in several other organizations that vary from very healthy to dysfunctional.

my “healthy” garden club has about $350 in its treasury. I am the new Vice President, The treasurer is very sick. I find that she keeps all of the club’s money in her own persnal checking account, one she shares with her hisband.Her husband and will not let her “put her name” on another checking account. We cant have a club account and have her as treasurer.

Thud.

Not so healthy after all. The risk is that she is permanently sick and we cant get that money out. Fortunately, it is only a tiny bit of money, not enough to keep me up at night. But this situation needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Not so healthy after all. The risk is that she is permanently sick and we cant get that money out. Fortunately, it is only a tiny bit of money, not enough to keep me up at night. But this situation needs to change.
    I had to do a somewhat-similar cleanup in an organization in which I was treasurer. It's hard to help people understand governance, especially when the number of people willing to work in officer's positions is so small (like you could find someone else to be treasurer just because this woman's husband doesn't understand).I hope you can find a workaround for this, IL.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I got a laugh at this thread yesterday. I was in my friends restaurant and saw a group come in that has some meetings there. They are trying to vote out/eliminate the three boys who run the organization as their schedules are not working well with the group. The group as it appeared, has no authority to the account and left without paying. The whole organization is getting quite disfunctional.
    Makes me happy not to be part of groups like this.

I know I should not let someone's behavior hurt my feelings. And really, I'm OK. I have this coworker who is just...unfriendly. I've never done anything to her to make her dislike me (that I know of). She was off on Monday and Tuesday, and in today (I'm off today). Yesterday I had to send her a work-related email. I closed it by wishing her a Happy Thanksgiving and a Happy Birthday, as her b-day is this weekend. I sort of knew it wouldn't matter to her, but I thought of those sayings like "be kind even if it the other person isn't" "do unto others" etc.

I had to check my email today from home, and there was nothing from her. It would have taken her less than a minute to hit "reply" and say, "Thanks! Hope your holiday is good too."

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. She's the kind of person that you give compliments to, and she never, ever gives them back. In five years...

Oh I have the sadz! I was turned down by the St. Louis Art Museum as an exhibitor in their Art in Bloom show. That show has floral designers interpretting art pieces.

I will try again next year and will get better application photos. They ask for three photos of past work. Several of my harden club friends who have been exhibitng for years got into the show. One is not talented. The rest are supremely talented.

It is a long held goal of mine to exhibit in Art in Bloom.

Oh I have the sadz! I was turned down by the St. Louis Art Museum as an exhibitor in their Art in Bloom show. That show has floral designers interpretting art pieces.

I will try again next year and will get better application photos. They ask for three photos of past work. Several of my harden club friends who have been exhibitng for years got into the show. One is not talented. The rest are supremely talented.

It is a long held goal of mine to exhibit in Art in Bloom.
    Bummer. Photography is key! Sadly I've known a lot of horrid art that got into shows because they basically lied in their jury photos. They use to start setting up for the Philly flower show https://theflowershow.com/follow-the...er-show-photos after we'd break down from the Buyers Market of American Craft. Oh wow, the flower show was amazing. A good copper artist friend from Hermann, MO use to and may still show there every year.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Oh I have the sadz! I was turned down by the St. Louis Art Museum as an exhibitor in their Art in Bloom show.
    I'm sorry to hear that, IL. It's tough to get the 'no'. Better luck (there is some luck involved) and pictures next year...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    Offshored call centers. I called Verizon to cancel HBO and they would not or could not transfer me to the U.S. This simple change took a half hour because they cannot talk to me person to person in a conversational manner. It is me talking to a heavily accented script reader.

Our inability to be content and satisfied.

Yppej
    I suppose that's genetics. The content and satisfied types didn't evolve and are still amoebae.

Thread Information