Page 178 of 422 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Someone has to explain the technology to me, I dont get it.

When I place a phone call,, I get the message (paraphrased) “this recipient has not set up voice mail.”

I just want to cry, and I am not a cryer. Tried two times within 48 hrs to two different people.

The first thing I did when I got my smart phone was to set up voicemail. Now I have to check it once in a while.

So do people simply not give one shit that voicemail be activated? As I thnk about it, maybe that is what I should have done, not set up VM.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-16-18 at 11:22am.

Yppej
    Half of all calls to cell phones now are robocalls. Some people look at missed calls and call back the numbers they recognize rather than using up minutes on their plan listening to robocall vouce mails.

I agree. I don't like it, but the younger crowd I end up being around, prefer texting/friendface to talking on the phone. As such, if they don't answer, they expect a text, rather then voicemail.

We are getting closer to being the generation with the VCR blinking 12.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    the younger crowd I end up being around, prefer texting/friendface to talking on the phone. As such, if they don't answer, they expect a text, rather then voicemail.
    Really, they don't even want the voice call if they're around to receive it. They'd much rather receive a text. This is just a gentle way to reinforce that and it has the bonus of giving them one less task to do to keep their voicemail box empty.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Well, my New smart phone seems to translate audio into text, and it doesn’t do it well, but the one call I have received in a couple weeks did at least give me a sense of what the call was about. So there’s that.

Look, I like email communications so of course I would like text. I like reading rather than talking/audio.

These people who did not set up VM were both people Well over the age of 65 so
    I don’t think it’s a millennial plan to push all communication to text.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-16-18 at 10:51am.

I feel like I'm coming down with something and the timing couldn't be worse. I have 8 hours of dance rehearsals this weekend and an appointment for skin cancer removal (AGAIN) on Monday.
    I'm taking vitamin C and Echinacea and drinking lots of water etc. Maybe it'll pass.

And, my electric bike seems is dying on me. Only 2.5 years. It's had hard use but $500 bucks for a new battery? Merde.

Yppej
    After almost 10 years on a case as part of a group of 11 our lawyers are trying to swindle us out of settlement funds. Most of the plaintiffs are so sick of the case they don't care and just want it to be over but I am filing a complaint with the Office of Bar Counsel today.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    After almost 10 years on a case as part of a group of 11 our lawyers are trying to swindle us out of settlement funds. Most of the plaintiffs are so sick of the case they don't care and just want it to be over but I am filing a complaint with the Office of Bar Counsel today.
    Good for you, Yppej. I think a lot of scamsters depend on victims' inertia to get away with bad behavior. In the past I have reported these types to the official government agency and not surprisingly, it gets their attention pretty quickly because their license/certification can be yanked.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Good for you, Yppej. I think a lot of scamsters depend on victims' inertia to get away with bad behavior. In the past I have reported these types to the official government agency and not surprisingly, it gets their attention pretty quickly because their license/certification can be yanked.
    They just received my packet today, but in the meantime I had written a letter complaining to the judge and got notice today of a conference on it. I wasn't sure I would get past the gatekeepers, but I sent it Fedex thinking it would get the clerk's attention and it did.

Compared to jeppy, my rant is tiny. But here it is.

A plant society gives a posthumous service award. The first time I attended one of their conventions I had to sit through the presentation at dinner that extolled the virtues of someone who had been dead for 30 years. I thought to myself “well that was stupid, wonder why they did that, but there must be a reason and this person was never honored sufficiently or something.”
    Now, I have started reading their bulletin that is quite boring and same ole same ole, and I find that they give this award annually. This year’s winner has been dead for 35 years!

Way to be relevant folks! Not. And they wonder why younger people and new people are not joining the organization.

Thread Information