Page 234 of 422 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Would that make the cause of death COVID-19?
    for sure!

I have to say in the few days since WI "opened" up, I am feeling a bit more paranoid. Thanks for the reminder to keep the commentary to a minimum. Neighbor told us yesterday that COVID19 is not a big deal, just like getting the flu so glad everything is opening up. Wonder where they got that idea??? geez

My Wisconsin friends and family wanted a slow phased in reopening like we are doing. What happened is lunacy!

People who condescendingly call others "honey". They must think they are special!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    People who condescendingly call others "honey". They must think they are special!
    Bless their hearts!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

My pet peeve is people who condescendingly call "mature" women "young lady." Servers who say "What can I get you, young lady?" forfeit a good tip.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

An early boyfriend tried that. I told him he could just substitute "dummy" and I would respond the same way. He got the message.

Tiny black biting flies...gggrr, I am so highly allergic to their bites! The other day I was out landscaping for hours, not realizing (not feeling the bite at the time) that I was being feasted upon. When I took off my tall socks and work boots, I now have a ring of bites around each calf about halfway up. Itching like crazy, oozing, it's really awful and nothing I am trying is getting rid of the itch. I've tried over-the-counter hydocortisone cream, witch hazel, and really thought my new bottle of calamine lotion would do the trick. Not so much...

Not just my legs either - bites on my ear lobe, in my cleavage, on my trunk, my shoulders and back.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    Tiny black biting flies...gggrr, I am so highly allergic to their bites! The other day I was out landscaping for hours, not realizing (not feeling the bite at the time) that I was being feasted upon. When I took off my tall socks and work boots, I now have a ring of bites around each calf about halfway up. Itching like crazy, oozing, it's really awful and nothing I am trying is getting rid of the itch. I've tried over-the-counter hydocortisone cream, witch hazel, and really thought my new bottle of calamine lotion would do the trick. Not so much...

Not just my legs either - bites on my ear lobe, in my cleavage, on my trunk, my shoulders and back.
    This might help--I get very allergic poison ivy reactions to point of scarring my skin. We bought this on a stop at Lehmans in Ohio:
    https://www.lehmans.com/product/all-...lantain-salve/

It actually brought relief immediately and unscarred my hands.

There is a product called "Afterbite" that I've found to be very effective with mosquito bites.

Thread Information