Page 411 of 422 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 4219

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Fugly

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    When the Golden Globes were on, I started getting texts from my kids about Florence Pugh's dress. They thought it was a nip slip, but it was actually quite intentional. Honestly, with all the ctrap going on on TV these days, sheer isn't one of the things high on my list to complain about.

https://www.vogue.com/article/floren...es-sheer-dress
    well, I guess this latest fashion will show who can go braless. Not all of them can
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    well, I guess this latest fashion will show who can go braless. Not all of them can
    Hmm, remember the pencil test? Back in the 60s when that was used as the guideline for going braless, I didn't even get the point of that test. A lot of my pencils hit the floor back then, that's all I'm sayin'
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Hmm, remember the pencil test? Back in the 60s when that was used as the guideline for going braless, I didn't even get the point of that test. A lot of my pencils hit the floor back then, that's all I'm sayin'
    ROFLOL! And I was pretty well-formed even as a young teen - the pencil never fell!

No bra-less for me. I was very active and it just hurt too much to go without one.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have always failed the pencil test, but as I get older, I'm appreciative of how kind gravity has been to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I have always failed the pencil test, but as I get older, I'm appreciative of how kind gravity has been to me.
    Same here, rosa!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Not only has January seemed extraordinarily long, it feels like I have been bleeding money profusely because so many of my own bills have come due. It's all ever so apparent when one has no money coming in. However, my husband keeps trying to retrain my frugal ex-single parent brain to accept that his money is our money and that he makes a very good living. I'm finding it hard to be dependent on someone (to some extent), but very grateful none the less.

The main goal is to get a proper diagnosis and treatment plan for my neck/shoulder/arm. At 62 I am far too young to be this debilitated by this ongoing issue. I have a whole slew of more tests and doctor appointments coming up in February. Meanwhile, I am somewhat a person of leisure after taking care of what I can in the house and doing the shopping. I have to keep repeating the mantra that everything is going to be okay.

Good luck navigating all that you are going through, SiouzQ. I will echo your mantra for you.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have had to call the police twice this week due to a man leaving a high end bike in our backyard. We have Ring cameras all over and could see who did it.

#1 He dropped it over our gate into a fully privacy fenced yard. We put in garage for safety. Husband was gone when he came and pounded on our door then went into the backyard and pounded on our back door. I called 911 and when the police came they got his ID, determined it was his bike?, and returned the bike to him.

#2 A few days later the same bike was back in our backyard. Called police and they took it away to the property room. Gave us two notices for our front door and back gate on where the bike was now. He came back later and retrieved the note.

Who in their right mind leaves a bike in a stranger's backyard for "storage"? TWICE. We live in an urban area and have a lot of stolen bikes all over. In fact, the police have told us that unless it is in the house with us, a bike is not safe. Police were fast, calming, patient and kind. We now even have a padlock on our back gate.

Did nothing good for my blood pressure.

That is sooo weird.

Thread Information