Page 292 of 298 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 2977

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Then, congrats! I'm glad the position will provide you with some enjoyment.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Wanted to replace a broken miniblind I bought at Home Depot. Went there with it and they said it was an irregular size and their miniblind cutter is broken. The next nearest Home Depot doesn't have a miniblind cutter. Tried Lowe's and they don't carry that blind. Went to a further away Home Depot and got lost as streets were closed for a Labor Day parade. Finally saw the store but big SUVs were blocking the entrance. Decided to access the parking lot from an adjacent business, didn't notice a curb, and drove over it. The car appears fine. I get in the store and a very nice woman measures twice and assures me it's a standard size and doesn't need to be cut. I get home and it fits perfectly.

Both at Home Depot and Lowe's all the staff were wearing masks and they had big help wanted signs up. Hmmm - do you think there's any correlation there?

What should have taken 40 minutes took 2 hours and 40 minutes because of incompetence at the first Home Depot and probably turnover of knowledgeable staff due to stupid mask mandates.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

What should have taken 40 minutes took 2 hours and 40 minutes because of incompetence at the first Home Depot and probably turnover of knowledgeable staff due to stupid mask mandates.
    Projection. It's not just for movie theatres.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Projection. It's not just for movie theatres.
    Just because I have been thinking of a second job this winter but won't take one with a mask mandate doesn't mean other people don't feel the same.

Correct me if I am wrong but you have spent the entire pandemic working from home mask free earning a good salary sitting at a computer, not earning low wages standing on your feet and walking around all day while wearing a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Just because I have been thinking of a second job this winter but won't take one with a mask mandate doesn't mean other people don't feel the same.

Correct me if I am wrong but you have spent the entire pandemic working from home mask free earning a good salary sitting at a computer, not earning low wages standing on your feet and walking around all day while wearing a mask.
    Why would you assume that if I had a public facing job that I wouldnít. care enough about the health and safety of my family to do what I could to avoid bringing covid home to them? Again, that sounds like projection. The majority of us donít have an irrational hatred of masks.

Why would you assume that if I had a public facing job that I wouldnít care enough about the health and safety of my family to do what I could to avoid bringing covid home to them? Again, that sounds like projection. The majority of us donít have an irrational hatred of masks.
    jp1 - I spent 8 months working 8 - 10 hours a day, in a warehouse, walking 13 -20 miles a night picking merchandise - WITH A MASK ON! It is very doable! ROFLOL. It can and IS being done by a lot of people all over the country WITHOUT the whining and complaining that Yppej does! I now work in a public school - first day is tomorrow, but ALL staff, visitors, and - starting tomorrow- students will be masked. I'm thinking the hundreds of kids will do way less whining than just one Yppej has done/continues to do. I truly believe that, because she doesn't care, she believes nobody else does either, and she can't seem to comprehend that others actually DO care! As has been suggested by the moderators - let it go and don't respond.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Why would you assume that if I had a public facing job that I wouldn’t. care enough about the health and safety of my family to do what I could to avoid bringing covid home to them? Again, that sounds like projection. The majority of us don’t have an irrational hatred of masks.
    When one week in the supermarket you see half the staff wearing masks and the next week all of them, and you ask the store manager about it, it is not an assumption. I have facts.

People in my area do care about covid prevention. We have the second best vaccination rate in the country per capita after Vermont. But for some micromanagers nothing is ever good enough.

In my state the minimum age for all types of jobs is above the minimum age for vaccination.

For a few weeks after I was fully vaxxed until mid July I didnít wear a mask in public either. Then the data started rolling in that showed that delta is infecting a not insignificant number of people who have been vaxxed and that those people could also spread the virus to others. Thatís just how science works. I wear a mask when out in public because masks slow the spread of covid in both directions. If I found out that I was infected and had been asymptomatically or pre-symptomatically sharing my germs with random people at the grocery store or wherever without taking basic precautions to limit my harm to others I would be quite upset. There are lots of older people at the store, including some of the cashiers. The thought that I hadnít done what I easily could to limit the likelihood that I might harm another individual is not one that I would like to have. Obviously a lot of Americans are more of the Ďfrail people need to take care of themselves. Itís not my problem so **** Ďem if they catch this from meí attitude but that isnít an attitude that I am willing to take. Your mileage may differ.

Frail people do need to take care of themselves by getting vaccinated.

Since I have to keep going back to the Board of Health anyways (since my mask issue is not resolved) I decided to rant to them about the awful job the trash company is doing and I am filing a petition to not allow the subcontractor to bid on future contracts. In the good old days the trash was picked up by municipal employees who were reliable (the good union jobs with pensions always being sought after by many qualified applicants) and they cared about the quality of the work they did because they usually lived in the community they served. This privatization to the lowest bidder regardless of how shoddy the job they do is awful. This sub keeps getting their contract renewed regardless of performance. Enough is enough!

Thread Information