Thread: Spring Challenge 2024

Spring Challenge 2024

The Spring Equinox was late last night 3/19 at 11:00pm EDT, so now it's time to work on the spring challenges.

Figure out Spring trip logistics
    Work on trunk quilts
    Knit socks
    Knit new cardigan pattern
    Take items to Goodwill
    Sort winter gear

Decided to take a break from the scarf, if I feel like knitting the tote with it and the yarn is in the living room. Think it's been taking too much of my knitting time and I want to do some lighter stuff. Priority is finishing the one quilt I will deliver in late April, then will focus on two I'll give to BiL and SiL this summer and then the ones for my sisters for Christmas.

Any plans or just the usual spring cleaning/de cluttering and seasonal chores?

Make up for last year and sort stuff, take to Goodwill, etc. Also sort some of the extra Restaurant equipment, including some stuff we got to sell from a school that shut down, so I can reimburse myself for stuff that the restaurant has needed.

Trunk quilt? That gave me a good laugh thinking of a quilt made from Swim trunks.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Make up for last year and sort stuff, take to Goodwill, etc. Also sort some of the extra Restaurant equipment, including some stuff we got to sell from a school that shut down, so I can reimburse myself for stuff that the restaurant has needed.

Trunk quilt? That gave me a good laugh thinking of a quilt made from Swim trunks.
    Don’t push yourself, my friend.. The “ stuff” will be there next year, too.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-21-24 at 11:20am.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post

Attended a free virtual class on dealing with fabric scraps. One of the things was a trunk (boot if you're in the UK) quilt. It's a blanket you keep in the trunk of the car, just in case you need it for covering a seat to protect the seats from wet or messy people or pets, spur of the moment picnics, or source of warmth if stuck in traffic.

Sounds like a great plan, remember to pace yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by hana View Post
    Attended a free virtual class on dealing with fabric scraps. One of the things was a trunk (boot if you're in the UK) quilt. It's a blanket you keep in the trunk of the car, just in case you need it for covering a seat to protect the seats from wet or messy people or pets, spur of the moment picnics, or source of warmth if stuck in traffic.

Sounds like a great plan, remember to pace yourself.

Ah,

My mother made me an afgan for that. I used it when awaiting a delivery at the restaurant that was supposed to be a night delivery. Our normal guy texts us and lets us know approximately when he will arrive, two other drivers, don't, and just show up, and I slept there one night waiting for them, only for them to show up at 7am and say (are you ready for us?), when there notes said call with time.

Thanks for starting the thread, Hana. I have a substantial list and should experience no boredom whatsoever during the upcoming season, ha!
    • Arrange eye exams and new glasses for DH and myself
    • Start seeds for annual flowers
    • Build a new, larger spice cabinet
    • Polyurethane some worn areas on steps
    • Paint bookcase
    • Sand, prep and paint rolling pantry unit that we built last year
    • Have hand rail for bedroom stairway installed at long last (I have carpenter from kitchen work lined up to do this next week!)
    • Master one healthy recipe
    • Research/check out 2 - 3 facilities so we're a bit more prepared when/if Mom ends up needing to be placed
    • Wash windows, screens, curtains and shades (yearly recurring)
    • Regular misc seasonal recurring stuff: put out hoses, hammock, plants in ground, containers planted, storm door panels changed to screens, change over bedding

Figure out Spring trip logistics started
    Work on trunk quilts ongoing
    Knit socks 30% done
    Knit new cardigan pattern need to find the pattern
    Take items to Goodwill done
    Sort winter gear not yet

Started looking at the logistics of our spring trip, will finalize this weekend. Keep on working on the trunk quilts, sewing lots of blocks, will assemble the April gift blanket next week. Working on the socks, and looking for the cardigan pattern, it's not in the binder where I keep the knitting patterns. Think I put it with the yarn. Took 3 bags of stuff to Goodwill yesterday. Thinking about putting away some of the winter gear, mainly the winter coat and fleece lined jeans.

Where are you going for your spring trip, Hana, or is that part of what you are figuring out?

Rosa, we're going to Atlanta then Richmond on consecutive weekends. We're attending two events from Thursday-Sunday and trying to figure out what to do on the Monday-Wednesday in between. We both work remote so we will work Monday-Wednesday regardless of options.

Option 1 Atlanta-Home-Richmond-Home, get to sleep in our bed and do laundry easily.

Option 2 Atlanta-Raleigh-Richmond-Home, take a few days to see friends and ask to borrow laundry room during visit

Option 3 Atlanta-Richmond-Home We're friends with the head of the Richmond event so we could stay with him and use the laundry, will be drafted to help with logistics and last minute event planning.

Sent texts to the Raleigh friends and already had the invite to arrive in Richmond early, Need to look at thing and make a decision since we leave 3 weeks from today

Thread Information