Page 328 of 421 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I admire you for adapting with the flow of life, IL. And I imagine that your house will end up with someone who loves it as much as you do, eventually.
    I didn’t want to be one of those people who cry and ring my hands at the thought of my flower garden becoming the base for a new structure. I think that’s… Shortsighted. And not surprisingly, we have friends about our age who been in the neighborhood even longer than us who sold their house with two lots. They were adamant that their two lots and house must be sold together, their idea being that their two vacant lots would stay a “garden “forever even though they really cannot control that.

I just think that’s dumb. Especially considering they are big proponents of historic preservation and they know very well that their two lots once held houses 100 years ago .

I will also add that 30 years ago when we bought one of our extra lots, the alderman was reluctant to sell it to us because at that time the idea was stronger that vacant lots need to be built on. But see, no one wanted to build here.

It took 30 years the new build market ro mature to the point where 90% of the vacant lots in my neighborhood are snapped up and built on, and now the rare ones like ours are attractive.

Your house has some great features that someone will appreciate.

There is much sadness in my town right now. I live beside a river, and this year a pair of bald eagles built a nest about 1/2 mile from my house. They had one eaglet, and the local photographers delighted us with many pictures of the family in the nest, parents feeding the eaglet, etc. We've seen the adults flying in the area, and gotten a few glimpses of them up in the nest when driving by (nest was in a residential neighborhood). Last night, the nest either fell down or was knocked down by raccoons or something, but the nest is down and the eaglet was found found dead on the ground beneath the tree. This makes me so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    There is much sadness in my town right now. I live beside a river, and this year a pair of bald eagles built a nest about 1/2 mile from my house. They had one eaglet, and the local photographers delighted us with many pictures of the family in the nest, parents feeding the eaglet, etc. We've seen the adults flying in the area, and gotten a few glimpses of them up in the nest when driving by (nest was in a residential neighborhood). Last night, the nest either fell down or was knocked down by raccoons or something, but the nest is down and the eaglet was found found dead on the ground beneath the tree. This makes me so sad.
    Oh, that is so sad. I wonder what happened to the parents?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That is so sad, rr.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Oh, that is so sad. I wonder what happened to the parents?
    People have reported seeing the parents in the area acting distressed.

That’s so sad.

Bummer rr!

Disgusted that I will HAVE to go shopping for a cell phone. It no longer makes sense to have a landline. The cost is now ridiculous. I hate the thought of having another thing to have to plug in and to lug around. Probably will just park it and check end of day or see if is DS. And, now I have to research the best plan... not looking forward to it. Must do by end of month. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Bummer rr!

Disgusted that I will HAVE to go shopping for a cell phone. It no longer makes sense to have a landline. The cost is now ridiculous. I hate the thought of having another thing to have to plug in and to lug around. Probably will just park it and check end of day or see if is DS. And, now I have to research the best plan... not looking forward to it. Must do by end of month. sigh
    I feel your pain.

Soon, we are giving up the landline here, and while it is seldom used, I do like it for voice communications.

But I’m not going to carry mine around much more than I do now which is seldom. I DO find it indispensable for GPS guidance, tho.Even tho it dumped me off on a T in downtown Madison, WI recently with no further instruction (turn right? Turn left? I got SILENCE.) Madison is …crazy with the windy streets that confused even GPS.

And then in the fall I will have to get an updated IPhone because support for mine is ending. Fortunately, DH went through that already, and I’ll get the same model he got which is not very recent.

Thread Information