Page 251 of 422 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 4217

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Rosa sorry you had so much trouble but the way you wrote it was pretty amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Rosa sorry you had so much trouble but the way you wrote it was pretty amusing.
    I try to always look at the bright side, and I subscribe to the philosophy that if you can't laugh at yourself, you are pretty much screwed!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I try to always look at the bright side, and I subscribe to the philosophy that if you can't laugh at yourself, you are pretty much screwed!
    Words to live by, for sure. Glad your life is back to normal.

Someone kicked in the man-door on our garage and took some power tools and a few hand tools.

This is only the second time in 32 years here we have had a break in, so that track record isn’t bad. And I have to say that in tiny safe Hermann, somebody broke into one of our sheds and took a power tool.

A difference between the two break-ins is that here in the city the police just call us back with a report number should we wish to file insurance claim, but of course we won’t do that. In Hermann, the police knew the perp Because I had already picked them up for similar crimes. They invited DH to come down to their evidence room/vehicle garage and pick up his power tool because they had it.

The worst thing was popped the hood of my little red car and tried to start it up but they were unable. They didn’t hurt the car and they didn’t figure out how to steal it so that’s good. That would’ve been tragic, I would’ve been so sad about that.

We have had many petty crimes though, crimes of opportunity some of them such as once I left the garage door open and someone darted in and took a power tool. We’ve had other things lifted from our yard, that’s a constant battle. And mail theft of course and etc. on the little things.

Moving boxes. I don't know why we have this stuff, why we moved it, why we are here, why any of it. Told myself one box a day, then two boxes a day, did four boxes yesterday and I am not really getting anywhere with it.

You are at a stressful time in your life, Tybee. Take a time out to be kind to yourself. Do something fun today. Plan something simple and fun for yourself every day. Moving is really hard work. Rebuilding a life and routine in a new community is challenging. Been there and done that a lot in my life. Hugs!!!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    You are at a stressful time in your life, Tybee. Take a time out to be kind to yourself. Do something fun today. Plan something simple and fun for yourself every day. Moving is really hard work. Rebuilding a life and routine in a new community is challenging. Been there and done that a lot in my life. Hugs!!!
    Thank you

I have moved so many times and started over. I would focus on the motivation for moving which was to live by your kids and grandchildren. It’s a bonus living by your parents for as long as you have them. I like to unpack quickly so I can settle in. My sister is the opposite and does it slowly. Do whatever works for you. I had only one friend ask if I was moving back to my hometown. I never even considered it. Yes I would have 3 friends and my aunt and cousin but I left in 1993 so my life is here. Many move in retirement and make friends and a good life. Once the pandemic is over I would join some groups to meet people. I would certainly enjoy being your friend and many others will also.

Why is it that the ONLY time you get drop-in visits from people is when your house looks like an episode of hoarders and you look like a resident in a psych ward????

I am in the midst of an extremely busy time working--I've had to do 60 interviews in 4 weeks and I have two major report deadlines due, one this week and one next week. So I've let the chips fall where they may. DH cooks, but he's not good at clean up. DS usually takes care of the cans and paper recyclables but he left rather suddenly a couple of days ago and forgot to get the containers of recyclables out of the mudroom. Because of snow, I also had parked Christmas decorations and other items headed for the shed in the mudroom until the weather was nice enough for me to schlep the stuff out there.

Because I'm so focused on these reports, I never even changed out of my robe or brushed my teeth. So of course, at 12:30 today, I hear someone knocking on the door and getting themselves into the mudroom--my neighbors that I barely know. These are neighbors that stayed away for two years or so but this year they are experimenting with living here in the winter, like us.

They came to return a bag and a dishtowel to us--when I was away with DD last weekend, DH brought them some homemade bread and some pot edibles. Now they're going to think that all we do is sit around eating pot brownies.

I can have my house looking so cozy and pristine for months. I can be experiencing a great hair day and wearing a new outfit. I won't see a soul. Just let the household fall into chaos and that's when everyone stops by. If I had a dog, I KNOW it would have puked on the rug just before I opened the door.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Shame on them for dropping in without warning. I hope that you simply said, "thanks, but I am working and on a really tight schedule. When things slow down, I hope that we can connect. You must excuse me." That should cover any discomfort you feel about the mess around you.
    People who drop in need to be given a boundary or they will come again because they are isolated this winter.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information