Page 122 of 422 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I do have iris and lilies....not nearly as many as you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I do have iris and lilies....not nearly as many as you!!!
    hahaha good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Trees are the enemy! Ugh.

I am tired of hearing people say " I would love to have an iris garden but we have too much shade."

People! Where are your priorities!!!???

Haha kidding, sort of. It's been a while since I ranted about trees and their negative impact on my life.
    I remember a day when I was a small child (not yet school age. Young enough to have to take a mother-mandated nap every afternoon.) That afternoon trees were in fact the enemy. Of my nap at least. In the early 70's denver had a plague of dutch elm disease. The two trees in front of our house had succumbed and were being cut down. During my nap time. The noise was simply too much for me to be able to sleep through so I complained to mom. But got no sympathy. She basically said "go back to your room and try harder to sleep." I'm glad i'm an adult now and have the autonomy to handle situations like this more effectively.

I will not, however, complain about trees making too much shade. Trees are freakin' awesome! Our dream that we're working towards is to buy/build a tiny/small house in the Russian River Valley in Sonoma County California with giant redwood trees all around.

jp1, I grew up in eastern South Dakota and I never complain about trees making too much shade either. I love trees!!! My sister and I were recently talking about how people from that area love their trees.

Cute story about your Mom.

RoseQuartz
    Last edited by RoseQuartz; 6-16-16 at 4:09pm.

Miss the trees in my front yard. The city here KILLED them. Had to put shades on the windows and get an awning to cool off the house. The trees did a much better job. sigh

This is my challenge today: I have been up since 1:30am. It is now 8:30pm, so I'm going on 19 hours of awake so far, that had an 8 hour shift at work, plus running a bunch of errands after. It's my own damn fault for getting hooked back onto caffeine when they started screwing around with my schedule at work again. Plus I am excited and revved up about my trip. I am trying to wind things down here. I NEED TO SLEEP, as this is about the third week since I have barely gotten four hours of sleep per night

BOuntiful Baskets is no more!!!!!������ I am sad

Bicyclists that do not use Lights and Helmets.

I have the A/C on 78*, which seems pretty green...until I realized that is still 30* cooler than it is outside. Yikes!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Thread Information