Page 203 of 212 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2114

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

It's not making me hungry.

Disgusting!

Rant is about a builder who is putting up a 5 story urban apartment building in our neighborhood. The rant is his use of sliding glass doors on the entrances of all the ground level apartments which are about 5 feet back and 3 stairs up from the sidewalk. Not real safe and everyone can easily look into the apartment from the sidewalk. This is a downtown area with some level of police issues on this very street. Complaints from neighbors (prior rant) about prostitution and drug deals right across from this building and there was an armed robbery within one block.

I hope those renting are careful.

Bulldogs. Who runs our lives, anyway? The bulldogs or us? Oh yeah, it is the bulldogs. Why will I never learn this?

My foster dogs, two of them, littermates, fun tornadoes of bulldog puppyness at age 9 months, are running the household. DH and Teddy escaped from the chaos to Hermann last week but there is no escape for us now. We are in it for another week. The girl dog went to her new home and that lasted 45 minutes because all she could do was fight with the dog who already live there, so that was a no go.

Puppy boy who is cute as a bug even tho he has mange (we call him “the mangy curr”) runs around like a Big Doh tormenting our old dog.

Our rescue administrator is re-grouping with girldog, finding anoth r place for her. Wont be hard She is nine months old healthy and pretty, but she had to go to an only dog home

IL, I really thought about fostering before I got Benny but the idea of having a dog and then letting her/him go was a challenge. I just realized that if there is a good foster coordinator it probably would be more doable. Is a good coordinator routine or rare in your experience? I have not met,seen or heard positive comments so far.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

My husband and I don’t have what it takes to let them go. I admire your foster work IL. I think we are all just slaves to our dogs)

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    IL, I really thought about fostering before I got Benny but the idea of having a dog and then letting her/him go was a challenge. I just realized that if there is a good foster coordinator it probably would be more doable. Is a good coordinator routine or rare in your experience? I have not met,seen or heard positive comments so far.
    Our rescue Administer runs the show, she is an alpha bitch of the finest kind. I am terrified of her. She has an unusual amount of brains, education, and business experience in the the animal welfare world. Our group is of course a hobby, we handle 50- 100 dogs a year, all in foster homes. No one gets a salary.

She doesn’t put up with dumbshit or as she calls it “girl fighting and all that happy crap.” The dogs are always in good hands with her.

Anybody can call themselves a rescue group and they do. It seems that many animal rescue places have a high amount of unnecessary drama.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Anybody can call themselves a rescue group and they do. It seems that many animal rescue places have a high amount of unnecessary drama.
    This has been my experience twice over. Well-meaning people but without a single business bone in their bodies -- and, unfortunately, these enterprises require money to make them go.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I am continuing to hate, Loathe, and despise Obamacare rules.

DH is Three months away from jumping on to Medicare. We cannot get a straight answer from Obamacare phone drones about what documentation they require to show he has a household income. We are on our third go ‘round of documents, and phone calls.

According to Obamacare drones, DH is poor because he has no Earned or pension income. It’s difficult for them to think outside of the box and maybe the regulations don’t cover outside the box, I do not know.

I may end up hiring an expert in this field and paying them an hourly fee just to push this through. Or if worst comes to worst, we will just buy private insurance (paying big money for it) and get coverage for three months. I want catastrophic coverage to protect my assets. That’s what we need right now.

The way I understand it only earned income, SS and pensions count. Assets don’t count which is why millionaires get subsidies. The way I understand it he would need to take Medicaid for 3 months.

Thread Information