Page 332 of 346 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3456

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Sorry to hear tt! Glad to hear you are home and hope you feel better soon.

Our city redid a downtown street and just got around to painting the strips and signs on it. However, they put right turn only right before two streets that are one way going left. They may PLAN on having the street two way in the future but, as I told them, it is not yet two way.

In addition, they just finished tearing out and redoing a complex corner to add "better" handicapped access and just today, they were tearing it out again. I feel for the poor dental office that has had its front door inaccessible for days.

Just got their answer: The right turn was meant for the little street (really an alley) but they painted it so the arrow is at the end of the street and not before the street.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Our city redid a downtown street and just got around to painting the strips and signs on it. However, they put right turn only right before two streets that are one way going left. They may PLAN on having the street two way in the future but, as I told them, it is not yet two way.

In addition, they just finished tearing out and redoing a complex corner to add "better" handicapped access and just today, they were tearing it out again. I feel for the poor dental office that has had its front door inaccessible for days.

Just got their answer: The right turn was meant for the little street (really an alley) but they painted it so the arrow is at the end of the street and not before the street.

If this sign confuses you, a native, it will confuse out of towners. Not a good thing.

Here’s a tiny rant: I arrived in Hermann with two crockpots. My philosophy is: I’m not keeping anything as a back up. So I mentally flipped a coin and donated one of the crockpots to our local church that firnishes household goods for newly housed people. Both of them came from thrift stores so I don’t know how old either one of them was.

Well I’ll be damned, last night the one I decided to keep stopped working.It just stopped working.

I do have a crockpot in our condo so I will get that one. So ironic though isn’t it?

Crockpots are not hard to find at a thrift stores however so I’ll give me something to look forward to go into one.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Here’s a tiny rant: I arrived in Hermann with two crockpots. My philosophy is: I’m not keeping anything as a back up. So I mentally flipped a coin and donated one of the crockpots to our local church that firnishes household goods for newly housed people. Both of them came from thrift stores so I don’t know how old either one of them was.

Well I’ll be damned, last night the one I decided to keep stopped working.It just stopped working.

I do have a crockpot in our condo so I will get that one. So ironic though isn’t it?

Crockpots are not hard to find at a thrift stores however so I’ll give me something to look forward to go into one.
    Oh no! That's actually pretty funny in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Oh no! That's actually pretty funny in a way.
    I know, funny-ironic.

And have I told you about the double bad sewers? We are paying for TWO new sewers. One was at our house of 33 years we just sold. The sewer scope showed a bulging bad place.$18,000 to fix. We split this cost with buyers.
    This is extra annoying because it is not an old sewer, it is only 33 years old.

The second sewer we are paying for is a complete tear up and re-do of the 100 year old sewer system of my condo building. Total cost $150,000 so far that we know. My share is only $2,000 though.

I just spent nearly TWO HOURS on the phone trying to get AT&T to initiate paperless billing on my account. I talked to four different people--one of whom told me they don't service Washington state. Their website was no better--it kept telling me my account didn't exist. in the end, I canceled my service with a fifth person. Took about five minutes. I'm surprised I didn't have a cardiovascular event.

I hated AT&T. I always got offshored call center reps. A year before 3G was going away they starting shutting off my phone all the time and I had to call and listen to a sales pitch from these English challenged hacks to get it turned back on for 15 days or so, when they did it again, trying to sell me a new phone.

So I switched to Consumer Cellular. I have an AT&T sim card so it's the same reception but I deal with US based representatives who are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I hated AT&T. I always got offshored call center reps. A year before 3G was going away they starting shutting off my phone all the time and I had to call and listen to a sales pitch from these English challenged hacks to get it turned back on for 15 days or so, when they did it again, trying to sell me a new phone.

So I switched to Consumer Cellular. I have an AT&T sim card so it's the same reception but I deal with US based representatives who are good.
    As it turned out, I called my local land line provider (Ziply), talked to a US-based rep, and had my new long-distance service within minutes, saving 30-some dollars in the process. I currently have Tracfone, but if I should change providers, I would choose CC.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I just spent nearly TWO HOURS on the phone trying to get AT&T to initiate paperless billing on my account. I talked to four different people--one of whom told me they don't service Washington state. Their website was no better--it kept telling me my account didn't exist. in the end, I canceled my service with a fifth person. Took about five minutes. I'm surprised I didn't have a cardiovascular event.
    My cell service is with Boom Mobile, which resells Verizon and T Mobile service. I get a really great rate by buying service a year at a time. You should check them out. Similar to Mint Mobile.

Boom has US based reps.

Thread Information