Page 238 of 421 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I’m going to rant on my own idiotic behavior: yesterday I went to the grocery store at 5:00 PM. It was so dumb. It was crowded. All the working people were coming back from work and doing shopping. None of them needed me fussing around the aisles where I read labels and look at calorie counts, so I am an idiotic person who stands in one place for a long time.

Slap my hands. I will be cognizant of when I go shopping, next time, The time of day. There’s no logical reason for old retired people like me to go when working people are there.

My regular grocery store where I went shopping is lining up people 6 feet apart and making these incredibly long checkout lines, but the checkout lines move very quickly. They periodically have voices come over the loudspeaker system that say in one message “we’re all in this together, thank you for maintaining 6 feet of distance, thank you for wearing a mask, etc. etc. “

Another message says At timed intervals “cashiers, it is time to clean your workstations. Please stop what you’re doing and clean workstations. “

It all seems to be working out nicely.

I've never posted a rant topic but I think it's time. Returned home yesterday from a wonderful 5 week vacation, the first thing I noticed upon arriving home was that our mailbox and post was laying on the ground, it appears someone backed into it while turning around (we're at the end of a cul-de-sac). The next thing I noticed was our pool had lost about 6 inches of water, turned out to be a leak in the skimmer. And the coup de gras came this morning when our central air unit died on a 90* day with about 70% humidity.

So, we spent the early afternoon arranging to have a new AC unit installed and actually added a new furnace to the order since it's now 25 years old and what the hell. The problem is the earliest install we could arrange is Thursday and man the house is already uncomfortable. Then off to the hardware store for a new plumbing fitting for the pool and a new mailbox post which took the rest of the afternoon to install because when I sunk the first one 25 years ago I may have used a little more concrete than I really needed. Tomorrow morning I need to complete the pool repair because my grandson is coming over in the afternoon and he's been waiting over a month to come over and swim.

Just hoping now that nothing else goes wrong, the heat makes me cranky enough.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I've never posted a rant topic but I think it's time. Returned home yesterday from a wonderful 5 week vacation, the first thing I noticed upon arriving home was that our mailbox and post was laying on the ground, it appears someone backed into it while turning around (we're at the end of a cul-de-sac). The next thing I noticed was our pool had lost about 6 inches of water, turned out to be a leak in the skimmer. And the coup de gras came this morning when our central air unit died on a 90* day with about 70% humidity.

So, we spent the early afternoon arranging to have a new AC unit installed and actually added a new furnace to the order since it's now 25 years old and what the hell. The problem is the earliest install we could arrange is Thursday and man the house is already uncomfortable. Then off to the hardware store for a new plumbing fitting for the pool and a new mailbox post which took the rest of the afternoon to install because when I sunk the first one 25 years ago I may have used a little more concrete than I really needed. Tomorrow morning I need to complete the pool repair because my grandson is coming over in the afternoon and he's been waiting over a month to come over and swim.

Just hoping now that nothing else goes wrong, the heat makes me cranky enough.
    Wow, what a brutal end to a your vacation!! I don't blame you for being cranky! I'd be tempted to get back in the RV and take off again.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Lower Midwest heat is crap. Sympathy.

I always hated when that "That was a great vacation!" feeling lasted all of 30 minutes once you got home. So sorry, Alan.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Alan, I hope the pool gets fixed, and soon. You guys need it in this heat!

I have also never posted a rant, but my wallet was stolen while I was hundreds of miles from home taking care of my MIL who is in denial of aging, has early cognitive decline, is a clutterbug, and is unhappy that the family recently moved her to an apartment with no stairs. I really did not need this stress on top of everything else.

Alan that really sucks.

Alan and Rosemary, both things suck.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow, what a brutal end to a your vacation!! I don't blame you for being cranky! I'd be tempted to get back in the RV and take off again.
    Ha, don't think we haven't considered it. We're already thiiiisssss close to parking it in the driveway just to sleep in with the AC on high. It's against our township zoning rules but maybe no one will notice.

One more unexpected occurrence, after posting my rant last night and going to bed the Android tablet I've been using for the past 6 or 7 years to read in bed with died. Or more specifically it seems to be caught in a boot loop where it appears to be doing something but can't quite get it done. I've spent several hours today trying to get it back to it's default state without success. I think it's time to have the Amazon machine deliver a new Kindle while I wait for the next bit of Pixie mischief directed at me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information