Page 249 of 422 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 4217

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I hardly ever contribute to this thread because I am an irrepressible optimist, but today just flat-out sucked!
    For starters, I cut a big deep chunk out of one of my fingers with a pair of scissors this morning. What was I doing? Why I was cutting a Q-tip in half. Why? Well, because I only needed half and why waste the other half? I suspect DH will never let me live this one down. It's not getting posted on the Frugals thread, because it was borderline as to whether I was going to go to an urgent care center, and how many half Q-tips would it take to offset my co-insurance? Anyway, I'm going to go through a lot of Band-Aids and discomfort and annoyance before I'm on the other side of this one. The one bright note is that it was on my right hand and I'm a lefty.
    Next, I called to confirm my husband's follow-up appointment with his urologist next week, and I found out I can't go with him. That might not sound like a big deal, but I've been with him for all of these appointments since his kidney cancer diagnosis in 2012. I just feel strongly that when it's an appointment to see if cancer has recurred, you shouldn't have to go it alone, and if you get bad news, you might need a hug. And I am chief hug provider for DH and vice-versa.
    Then, my mom has been having a bad stretch of extreme light-headedness, so we went to her house to check on her and make sure she had her meds and something to eat. I was going to give her a glass of pomegranate juice with her pills, thinking it would be a nice change from her usual glass of water. I shook the juice and it must have fermented or something, because when I opened it, it freaking exploded everywhere, all over me, the floor, the kitchen, the clutter all over her counters, a total disastrous STICKY mess. My sweater is soaking in cold water as I type, but I suspect I'll get some decluttering points for retiring a badly stained sweater because it looks like soaking isn't improving matters.
    I am now relaxing with a glass of wine listening to the Good Old Grateful Dead while DH fries some chicken. Here's hoping for a peaceful and uneventful evening.

Wow, rosa, that really does suck, but I have to say, the way you write it, I know you'll find humor in it some day.. I love how you're figuring out the net cost of the half a Q-tip against the co-insurance for the hospital visit..

And the pomegranate story is like something out of a movie.

What's not so funny is not being able to be with DH.. When my DH was going through multiple health issues two years ago, when I thought I'd probably have to severely cut back on my work hours, it was very important to me to be there on every visit. I was his secretary, his advisor, his medical lingo translator, his driver, and, as you said, his chief hugger. Is there any way you could dial in and listen to the physician consult?

Anyway, enjoy the wine, fried chicken and Grateful Dead! Way to salvage a bad day!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Oh Rosa what a perfectly awful day, and I'm sorry that I laughed at your story about 1/2 a Q Tip- because most of my dumb things are caused by doing things like that. And the exploding juice- of course it happened on an already stressful day. Because these things do. Here's hoping tomorrow will be better for you.

Thinking of you rr - and hoping your day has improved. My SIL once cut herself with scissors. Twice. On the same day. I thought she should have had stitches, but we taped her up and she healed ok. It totally ruined the sewing project we were working on though. And your mom visit - that's probably going to be a priceless memory. I have some of those from fiascos at my mom's in her later years, while we were still trying to help her live at home (her demand, lol). And I think I understand your concerns about not being able to go with DH. Although I don't like people with me when I go to the doctor, DH does, so I go to anything that's not routine. His hearing is bad, and he is frequently a few steps behind with understanding what is being said. Having someone there to restate things, or to remind the staff to LOOK at him and speak clearly (he reads lips) is more important now than ever. He can't read lips through a mask, and voices tend to muffle somewhat. Fortunately I've been able to go with him to any needed appointments so far, but things are getting worse here. If you can dial in to his appointment from the parking lot it may be helpful?

Any wine left? If so - WHY?

Oh man, Rosa! It came in threes today for ya! Sorry, I snickered at the Q-Tip thing and thought, well, if you'd gone to the doctor you might could have helped yourself to a couple Q-Tips!

I've been asking to go to my DH's dr. appts for a while now, because he never asks enough questions, and never the big one I want----can he get his danged hearing checked PLEASE?!?!?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yppej
    They do say QTIP stands for quit taking it personally.

Sorry you had a bad day.

Rosa, that is a very substantial rant to share. Enjoy your wine!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Wow, pomegranate juice stains like anything. Rip sweater.

cant say I have ever cut a q tip in half. Guess maybe I wont after reading your adventure.

Rosa, so sorry you had such a bad day.

What an awful day.
    Always remember a coworker who had a stressful job for his personality. He got out his Pepto Bismol and shook it. Well the top must not have been on completely and it went all over him and his office. Did not help his stomach issues at all.

Thread Information