Page 373 of 422 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

The backlog at local auto body shops is crazy. I accidentally rear ended someone in mid-December right before my FL trip. Had to get a rental for trip. Front end damage - grill all smashed up, hood and both front quarter panels pushed back. Both headlights somehow out of position. Amazingly, car is OK mechanically. I’ve been driving it all this time. Pushed back front panels interfere with front doors opening all the way, and door front edge is pushed back some, but it is what it is. I took it in for an estimate in January and was told they wouldn’t be able to get me in until today. That date held. It will be close to three weeks before I get my car back, but I have $25/day rental car coverage (for 30 days) on my insurance. I got a Camry. My share is about $5/day. That car is so low compared with my Escape it’s not funny.

Well this sucks big time.

https://www.kmov.com/2023/03/13/two-...ot-hermann-mo/

A gunman went on a rampage here in tiny bucolic Hermann last night. He has not been caught, but SWATteam , bomb squad, and tactical units from nearby big bad city have moved in where they think he is holed up.

Two of our police officers were shot, one dead. That is 50% of our police force.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

A gunman went on a rampage here in tiny bucolic Hermann last night. He has not been caught, but SWATteam , bomb squad, and tactical units from nearby big bad city have moved in where they think he is holed up.

Two of our police officers were shot, one dead. That is 50% of our police force.
    Okay--Dude, I don't mean any harm by hijacking your thread, but I believe this is headline news. So yeah---I starrted a wholly new thread in publicc policy. An event like this amounts to more than a "peeve". Dude, hope that helps you some.

OMG, that's terrible!!! I hope they find him fast!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    OMG, that's terrible!!! I hope they find him fast!
    he has been on the loose since around 9 pm last night. They got him about an hour ago. Further crises averted.

he has been on the loose since around 9 pm last night. They got him about an hour ago. Further crises averted.
    Iris, I am so sorry for your officers and for your town. That is a tragic loss to your community.

IL, so sorry to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Iris, I am so sorry for your officers and for your town. That is a tragic loss to your community.
    This has huge impact in a town of this size. Already the deceased officer was honored by citizens lining street when his body was returned here to town. A big prayer vigil is scheduled for later today.

In St. Louis this would be business as usual, no interruptions of daily life.

I am pretty sure the dead policeman was the guy who came to visit DH a couple of times during DH’s manic deforestation-and-burn operation two years ago. It was unclear if DH was burning legally, so DH set up a burn container that seemed to satisfy city ordinance.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-13-23 at 7:29pm.

Tradd, same thing here with body shops. Hubby dented our door and it had to be fixed due to almost immediate rusting. Was able to get it in with about a 4 week wait. Some are backed up 3 months. Friend waited almost 6 months due to labor and parts shortages at dealer. The shop we went to would never ever be found in its hidden location. But we found him thru word of mouth and the work he did was beautiful.

Hate ordering online! Supposed to be delivered between the 15-17 for 2 items. No warning and here the 12th. Can’t gauge when things will arrive. Welcome porch pirates! Luckily I intercepted. Couldn’t even find these items in the brick and mortar which in itself is disheartening.

Thread Information