Page 156 of 421 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 4203

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I get tired of checking in with people, wishing them a good day, sending "get well soon" wishes, giving encouragement, etc., etc..........and nobody does it back to me.
    the only reason I can think of is I'm just not important to them. I'm talking about immediate family and extended family. This is more of a whine than a rant.

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    Our inability to be content and satisfied.
    I think it comes from having so much around us all the time. People with far less seem to be able to be happy with so much less. We are like kids in a candy store, then we bitch about the stomach ache.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I suppose that's genetics. The content and satisfied types didn't evolve and are still amoebae.
    Discontent as motivation. I love it.

Ugh I hate technology.

Dealing with fallout from two email accounts that AT& T has separated.

I hate them. I hate technology, especially technology that changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I suppose that's genetics. The content and satisfied types didn't evolve and are still amoebae.
    I imagine they get eaten or starved of resources by the more adaptable amoebae. I don't think natural selection offers an opt-out clause.

My car is dead.

It was one of those moments when the bad thing happens in about the best possible way, at almost as good a time as you can imagine. (Without veering into the absurd)

But I still need a new car.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    My car is dead.

It was one of those moments when the bad thing happens in about the best possible way, at almost as good a time as you can imagine. (Without veering into the absurd)

But I still need a new car.
    Should donations be made to your favorite charity or should I send flowers?

Yppej
    I got really irritated with the dealership that sold me my last car. They are now using the technology where your phone rings once and then immediately goes to voice mail. It's a local number so you think it's a legit message and this garbage fills up your voice mail box and you have to go in and delete the messages. I called back and first they denied they called. I gave them details and said I wanted to be on the do not call list. The woman then realized what promotion I was calling about and launched into the exact same sales script in the voice mail. I said, "Stop with the script." She did not. I repeated myself. Still she continued spouting it off. I then yelled, STOP and she finally agreed to place me on the do not call list then hung up on me midsentence. I called back and she claimed on a Saturday their busiest day no manager was there, no supervisor was there, no service advisor was there, and none of them had voice mail. So I asked for the salesperson who sold me the car trying to say he said if there was ever an issue call him, but it was hard to get a word in edgewise as she kept talking over me. She said she didn't know who that would be. I told her look in the computer. She refused. I then said let me speak to anyone who is salaried and I finally reported to someone else her outright lies and rude behavior.

Another reason along with their crappy tires I will not buy a Hyundai again, in case you are taking recommendations and anti-recommendations CL.

If we do give up car ownership and move to a driverless car system that eliminates dealerships I will feel a lot of schadenfreude. National chains of driverless car companies can buy directly from manufacturers for their fleets.

Williamsmith
    Well, if you have enough time you can make anybody miserable. For instance, Hyundai’s have a very generous and lengthy warranty. The service department can get overwhelmed with complaints of mysterious noises. While you are waiting for them to find the rattle in your dashboard, you can be talking loudly to other customers about how crappy the cars are. Which will prompt a customer service representative to pull you aside at which time you could mention to them the annoying calls you are getting and that putting a halt to it would really be appreciated.

Yppej
    The warranty is expired but I like your thinking.

Thread Information