Page 77 of 422 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I love this thread.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I am, Spartana! On Friday I am going in for a dread refresher ~ they unraveled a bit when I was on my road trip out to New Mexico and Utah earlier this summer (more on that sometime.! The perfect hairstyle for living out of one's car and in a tent for sixteen days!
    I always wondered how they "do" dreads. There is a woman on my new current favorite website http://www.skalatitude.com/p/wow-women-on-wheels.html who is biking round the world solo (as are all the women on the website) and she has very long beautiful dreads. I always admired them but thought they would require too much up keep but I guess not. Up until recently I had long (butt length) hair and it is super easy to deal with - pony tail, braid, bun when camping or hiking or whatever for days on end. But since I cut it shorter (below shoulders) it's even easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    Ha Ha - elaborate please :-)!
    I am stuck in Clarksville, land of 7 lane black top, 100,000 plus people, 4 Walmarts. The country songs lied to me about Tennessee !

Wow, Clarksville has 4 Walmarts now? I only knew of 2, maybe 3 now that I think about it, when I worked there. I used to live just down I-24 at exit 30.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

Hmmmm. I'm 59 and I have butt-length hair. Ever since I started wearing it long (back in middle school) my Mom has been after me to cut it. I did a couple of times, mostly during times I was unhappy with other parts of my life, and hated it short. She mostly leaves me alone about it, but she definitely knows how I feel about her comments.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    I love this thread.
    OK, Today I am peeved that there are loves instead of peeves in this thread.

Couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post

Couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmoss View Post
    Wow, Clarksville has 4 Walmarts now? I only knew of 2, maybe 3 now that I think about it, when I worked there. I used to live just down I-24 at exit 30.
    we are in clarksville temporarily for another year. The city is I believe the third worst in the country for urban sprawl. I honestly can tell you, I had no idea the USA was like this. I realized after being there, that I had lived in a very small bubble my entire life. I miss my bubble! The population is around 150,000 now the master plan is 250,000 in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post

Couldn't resist
    I cannot help myself.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

It seems that I do have a peeve.

The man who cuts the grass for my landlord has completely shredded my ground fabric (to reduce weeds) on my vegetable garden. I am having a late start because I neglected the plants and had to purchase new plant. He surely must be doing it intentionally, as there are no weeds there, or any weeds creeping at the edge along the sidewalk.

I am going to patch as best I can and plant milkweed.

Thread Information