Page 362 of 422 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I think this odd behavior of my old Apple phone is a push. I need to get a new phone. DH traded his old model in for a new one and I’m going to get exactly what he has, a low model, small size. I dislike the big phones.
    I had an 8 plus. It was not holding a charge very well either last summer. I got a 13. Regular size, not the big Pro model. I’m going to suggest a 13. The 14 came out in the fall. The battery life and screen are so much better than my old 8 plus. Camera much improved, as well. There will be deals on the 13 since it’s the previous mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I had an 8 plus. It was not holding a charge very well either last summer. I got a 13. Regular size, not the big Pro model. I’m going to suggest a 13. The 14 came out in the fall. The battery life and screen are so much better than my old 8 plus. Camera much improved, as well. There will be deals on the 13 since it’s the previous mod.
    I just looked up model 13’s “mini “size so maybe I’ll get one of those. I don’t remember which model number DH has but I it’s not as high, I don’t think anyway.

oh crap, this model13 is powered by UsB-C cord? All of my other power cords won’t work? Yoinks.

I just looked up model 13’s “mini “size so maybe I’ll get one of those. I don’t remember which model number DH has but I it’s not as high, I don’t think anyway.

oh crap, this model13 is powered by UsB-C cord? All of my other power cords won’t work? Yoinks.
    My 13 still takes lightning connector. The only thing that’s usb-c is my new iPad 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    My 13 still takes lightning connector. The only thing that’s usb-c is my new iPad 10.
    I don’t know what a lightning connector is. I saw a reference that the 13 comes with a USB – C2 lightning connector. I have no idea what that is.

My Mac computer takes some sort of connector that is not what my old iPads take. I just looked at both iPad minis, and they are “fifth generation. “

I don’t know what a lightning connector is. I saw a reference that the 13 comes with a USB – C2 lightning connector. I have no idea what that is.

My Mac computer takes some sort of connector that is not what my old iPads take. I just looked at both iPad minis, and they are “fifth generation. “
    I had to buy two lightening connectors on Amazon because both my iPad and iPhone were out of date. No big deal--$7 on Amazon for the pair.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Lightning connectors are the Apple proprietary ones. They’ve been around for a while now. My 2015 MacBook Air takes a MagSafe magnetic connector. I think the newer ones take a different version of that. There are all sorts of different connectors for Android phones and other things such as cameras.

For my iPhone 13, I generally use wireless charging for it. I have a case with circular magnet on the back. The round charger sticks to that. What’s nice about wireless charging is that its much easier to use the phone while it’s charging via the back rather the with the charger though the bottom port.
    Last edited by Tradd; 1-21-23 at 11:30pm.

My honey is completely oblivious to the insane amounts of grease that builds up on the stove-top after his daily bacon and eggs. He literally does not see it, or if he does, does not care about it all. Me, on the other hand, is grossed out by it. Most days I clean it up, because that is what I do, and most of the time I don't mind it THAT much, because I lreally like a clean kitchen and that's on me. However, I am going to be a way for a week and I kind of dread coming home to a huge mess in the house...

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    My honey is completely oblivious to the insane amounts of grease that builds up on the stove-top after his daily bacon and eggs. He literally does not see it, or if he does, does not care about it all. Me, on the other hand, is grossed out by it. Most days I clean it up, because that is what I do, and most of the time I don't mind it THAT much, because I lreally like a clean kitchen and that's on me. However, I am going to be a way for a week and I kind of dread coming home to a huge mess in the house...
    My next "need" I'm working on getting is a range hood. We don't have one, and DH is a huge stovetop cook! Every day frying something, sautéing, searing, braising, you name it. Everything is covered in grease way too often. Plus the air when he's cooking is unhealthy, especially in the winter when we have little ventilation.

He heard someone on TV saying something about not using the stove, and he asked, "how can he not use the stove??" and I told him how my mother never used the stove. She always cooked in the oven. We'd have casseroles, and meatloaves and she even baked the French fries. So, to me, throughout our marriage having so much hot oil going on all the time was weird, but that's what he grew up with, and so that's what I've gotten used to after 45 years of it.

So, yeah, I can relate to the greasy stovetop!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It's amazing how far the grease travels, actually, kind of horrifying. About once a year I get up on a step ladder and clean off the three vanity lights we had installed above the stove so we can see what we are cooking (I don't think there is really a way to install a stove vent in our weird, hand-built house). The metal shades of these lights get so coated with grease! It takes a lot of elbow grease (ha - no pun intended) to clean them off; I figure once a year is good enough for me because you can't really see up there, per say.

20200729_153855.jpg

Thread Information