Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Frugal-one: We spent a few days in Portland last month, and while we were there, I noticed that one of the tiny diamonds had fallen out of my wedding band. It was a very inexpensive ring even back then, and the value is strictly sentimental. It is also yellow gold, and I mostly wear silver these days. Since we were in Portland, I went to a few shops in the area. I saw one ring I liked for $1300, but I wasn't interested in spending that kind of money. Then I went to Mexicali Blues, my favorite boho "hippie" shop and got the perfect ring for $18.00! I would claim this as a frugal, but it was more than offset by so many un-frugals, that it would feel a bit dishonest to do so.
    ring.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Frugal-one: We spent a few days in Portland last month, and while we were there, I noticed that one of the tiny diamonds had fallen out of my wedding band. It was a very inexpensive ring even back then, and the value is strictly sentimental. It is also yellow gold, and I mostly wear silver these days. Since we were in Portland, I went to a few shops in the area. I saw one ring I liked for $1300, but I wasn't interested in spending that kind of money. Then I went to Mexicali Blues, my favorite boho "hippie" shop and got the perfect ring for $18.00! I would claim this as a frugal, but it was more than offset by so many un-frugals, that it would feel a bit dishonest to do so.
    ring.jpg
    That is very simple and pretty. It is, indeed, the perfect ring!

Thread Information