Page 167 of 421 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 4203

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I feel especially bad for the wildlife.

Isl, sky lounge sounds good to me with wine served)

Apple store chaos! Went there last week for hubby - he got an apple watch given to him, had no charger. There was a ton of staff, but even more customers, and there was some sort of class foing on. I asked dh if he thought I could have stolen the charger, and we both agreed it was very easy...no bag, no receipt, no cash register (a staff member just swipes your caed with their phone) - just walk out with almost anything.

Really irritating to find a product you really like and bam!!! it is discontinued....two items in the last week! I called the companies and complained.

Our little Italian Greyhound was attacked by a pit bull. There is a marijuana grower on the next block who keeps a couple of really fierce dogs, and for some stupid reason he had taken his gate off and was letting the dogs roam around. The dog came out of nowhere and had ours right in his jaws but she managed to slither away.
    Mr. Pit Bull was there and apologized, but she has a few bad punctures and needs antibiotics and pain killers and bandages, and needs to go back to the vet for a follow up. I'm trying to compose a speech to this man asking him to pay the vet bills. AND keep his killers under control. I want to call the police, DH says no. Hmm. (It's a legal grow operation, so he wouldn't get in trouble for that.)

That is terrible about the pitbull attack.

I would probably report it.

Yppej
    If you don't want to go to the police you could have a lawyer compose a letter to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    If you don't eant to go to the police you could have a lawyer compose a letter to them.
    There are two issues here
    1) get him to pay the bet bill
    This is reasonable in my view, and the fact that he didnt offer shoes him to be an even bigger douchebag

The lawyer is formthis issue.

2) he has dangerous dogs that are not contained

That is a matter for law enforcement. My municipality has a system of recording incidents with dangerous dogs. Too many, and the doggie goes to doggie heaven.

Here's my pet peeve of the day. I hate it when volunteer organizations don't respect your time. For instance, if they say, you need to come to X event. X event will be from 9am-12pm. And then they keep you until 12:30pm.

I know it's just a half hour, but what if I had something to do with that half hour? I know I can just get up an leave, but I feel reticent to do that. if I were the volunteer coordinator, I would stop promptly at 12pm and say "People who have to leave, please feel free. I am going to spend 30 minutes explaining a, b, c, which I can go over with you later. I apologize for being over the time."

I had that situation today. I told my son I'd text him when my [volunteer] meeting was over at 3pm--he was waiting for my text. But 3pm came and went and the volunteer coordinator was still blabbing. So I had two competing stresses: Take out my cell phone and text, which I always consider to be rude, or let my son wonder why I'm not texting him as planned. So I took out my phone and texted him during the meeting.

This has happened frequently when I volunteer for things. My business clients are far more considerate of meeting end times.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Our little Italian Greyhound was attacked by a pit bull.
    I would report him. What happens if the pit bulls get out again and maul a smaller or unluckier dog? The owner is responsible for controlling his dogs, however it needs to be done. That is the law. The report also makes it a matter of public record that he was at fault and gives you some leverage in demanding that he pay your vet bills.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information