Page 189 of 422 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 4217

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I just looked up gummed (sticky) business size on staples.com and they still offer them. Box of 500 is $18. A box of mead 50 gummed at walmart.com is $4.95. Side note, I hate when I have to send out all the tax letters for the church and I end up with a pile of strips from the envelopes under my desk that don't make it into the trashcan, then they all cling together then act like static cling when I pick them up to put in trash. Ugh. Maybe I'll order gummed ones this year along with a sponge. I don't like licking them...always get a papercut on my tongue or lip.
    I Did not see gummed envelopes at Home Depot which is where I got my last supply. I do not go to Walmart, it is way too far away.

I prepare 350+ Christmas cards for my dog rescue organization. This reminds me that I should probably warn the Christmas card buyer not to ever get sticky back envelopes in a misguided effort to “help me “. I will resign from that job!

When I am ready to close up these 350 cards I sit down with a damp rag and swipe the envelope tips and all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I just looked up gummed (sticky) business size on staples.com and they still offer them. Box of 500 is $18. A box of mead 50 gummed at walmart.com is $4.95. Side note, I hate when I have to send out all the tax letters for the church and I end up with a pile of strips from the envelopes under my desk that don't make it into the trashcan, then they all cling together then act like static cling when I pick them up to put in trash. Ugh. Maybe I'll order gummed ones this year along with a sponge. I don't like licking them...always get a papercut on my tongue or lip.
    I did the same thing, but I question if "gummed" is lickable. If you zoom in on the envelope, it looks like there's a removable strip...
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I did the same thing, but I question if "gummed" is lickable. If you zoom in on the envelope, it looks like there's a removable strip...
    Well, I wondered about that. I did not order envelopes online because I didn’t know how to describe what I want.

Gummed Envelopes. A water soluble gum – the most common sealing method and always used for mailing envelopes. Moisten the layer of adhesive along the envelope flap and close.

That's the definition of Gummed Envelopes. The gum is usually a little darker so may look like a strip. By the way...I love instructions like that "moisten the adhesive and close"...sort of like the instructions for how to eat a pop tart! (Brian Regan).
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    My rant today is about business envelopes. I guess it is no longer possible to buy business size envelopes with sticky closure that requires wetting. They all have some kind of peel-off-sticky backing.

Why do I hate that? Because it creates another task I have to do. After closing the envelope I have to crumple up the backing and walk it over to the trash. I do not need to do this and the landfill doesn’t need it.

I do not like modern life. Bring back lick envelopes!
    Peel and stick envelopes are great for somethings, but normal #10 security envelopes gummed, work so much better for others. Hard to fit work deposits in peel and stick.
    Any office supply store, Sam's, pretty sure Costco, etc. carry them. My last batches have been at Sam's club, Amazon (when Sam's was rearranging the store), and a damaged freight store.

Have to rant about service worker employers. My older friend was just told last night that it is mandatory for her and all the other employees to work this Friday until 7 pm, all day Saturday, and Sunday 7 am to noon. They were told the reason is some kind of remodeling going on.
    Luckily for her, the only plans she had for the weekend included us drinking some Guinness at the local Irish bar. But I'm wondering about her co-workers with kids, or school, or other duties or plans they had for the weekend?

I had thought these random mandatory scheduling changes had lessened with the tighter job market, but apparently not.
    Another of the many reasons I'm feel fortunate that my time is not subject to the whims of an employer.

My landlord needs to have some sense slapped into him. He was at the condo I rent today with a plumber fixing some of the tubing around the water heater. It’s in a little room off LR (furnace in there too). Floor was clear of everything. All scuba gear on the other side of the room. I come home to $50 in new posters and artwork (all shipwreck stuff I got at a shipwreck event in Ann Arbor a few weeks ago) that had been sitting on my sofa ruined because some asshat decided to put tools on top of my posters on the couch.

Landlord said it was my fault for having the posters on the couch. I told him dirty tools belong on the floor, NOT on my furniture. He said he didn’t even notice. Arsehole.

I hope you have recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Landlord said it was my fault for having the posters on the couch.
    What a ridiculous response. That sucks, Tradd.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I got landlord to agree to me taking $50 off next rent payment. He told me to clear the sofa off next time. I told him that the stuff stays! No idiot, stupid worker should be putting dirty tools on my furniture. I told him exactly that.

Here’s something else I didn’t mention yesterday. He has a habit of doing work or a repair and leaving bits and pieces of crap, parts packaging, etc., on the floor, counter, etc. I told him to make sure the living room was cleaned up yesterday. He did vacuum and pick up. But the kitchen disposal had to be reinstalled in sink as it was apparently leaking a but, which I didn’t know. All the stuff that was in cupboard underneath sink was all over my kitchen floor, with small bits of something on the floor. Greasy paper towels were in the kitchen trash, stinking up my entire place. He cleaned up the LR, and left the kitchen a mess.

Last year he replaced the thermostat which is directly above a small bookcase with my icons on the top. He left all sorts of bit of paint chips, packaging, drywall dust directly on top of my icons. Boy, was I angry. If he bothers to tell me he’s going towork on X, then I would move stuff in the way, but he doesn’t so I end up having to clean my stuff off.

He wants to replace the furnace and the tile around the bathtub when I’m on vacation this summer. I don’t want the work done, even though, it needs to be done because I know I’ll come home from vacation to a mess and have to spend hours cleaning. He doesn’t get the what the problem is. I think I’m going to have to talk to his wife.

Thread Information