Page 193 of 422 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I appreciate your virtual help! Now I need a virtual repair crew...
    And a sedative.
    Just curious Jane.........is it the prospect of having to deal with the workers if you made improvements? That's a problem with me. Oh.....then there's that small issue of money........
    It's really hard to know which problem to deal with first, since there are so many problems that are tied together. Or would you just rather move?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Maybe it was people who already lived in the housing project and won the lottery?
    Haha! Naw, people like that would build a 6,000 sq ft mcmansion out in the ‘burbs.

These owners chose to spend a ton on exterior masonry which is not immediately obvious. It isnt flashy. And they dont even have a swimming pool.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Just curious Jane.........is it the prospect of having to deal with the workers if you made improvements? That's a problem with me. Oh.....then there's that small issue of money........
    It's really hard to know which problem to deal with first, since there are so many problems that are tied together. Or would you just rather move?
    I don't like to deal with people--that was always my beloved's job--so there's that. Money isn't so much a problem. I've wanted to move out since I moved in, and I should have. I've just lately realized how impractical a two-story house is. "Busting a move" seems to be my downfall.

I would get a realtor to tell you what needs to be done to sell. They may even give you recommendations for people to do the work. Then buy a condo.

I don't like to deal with people--that was always my beloved's job--so there's that. Money isn't so much a problem. I've wanted to move out since I moved in, and I should have. I've just lately realized how impractical a two-story house is. "Busting a move" seems to be my downfall.
    Can you. Uy another property, move your stuff, and live there before doing any work on the current house? And really, why do you need to do work? In your high cost area there are many people who would love a bargain fixer upper.

IL, that’s how we did our last 4 moves but we did fix things for a quick sale.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Can you. Uy another property, move your stuff, and live there before doing any work on the current house? And really, why do you need to do work? In your high cost area there are many people who would love a bargain fixer upper.
    I've thought of that, but I'd be too nervous that Chez Decay wouldn't sell, and I'd go down in flames. Maybe my nephew, the contractor/engineer, will be between jobs eventually. I'll figure something out.

My city house has a difficult upstairs area. The floor plan is very much circa 1990 with its big bathroom, no walkin closets, spiral staircase to the third floor. But I certainly will not be doing work on it to change out that floor plan. The next owners can fix it ip circa 2020 so that owners in 2045 can change it out yet again.

I've thought of that, but I'd be too nervous that Chez Decay wouldn't sell, and I'd go down in flames. Maybe my nephew, the contractor/engineer, will be between jobs eventually. I'll figure something out.
    yes, if yoi cant buy outright house #2 within a comfort zone, it is best not to,risk that scenario.

This isn't exactly a rant, but my stroke-affected relative, who had to sell her house due to medical expenses (the rant part) just used the proceeds to buy a tidy prefab in a senior park. It's a nice, safe area and she's happy with it. I'm sending her an Instant Pot as a housewarming gift.

Thread Information