Page 377 of 422 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

That was great, rosa! I'm going to forward to my DS who repeatedly said that he doesn't get the whole thing--I kept telling him that his Scottish grandmother, who would have been 98 years old yesterday, would have absolutely been enthralled with the whole thing, because of the tradition, values and sheer spectacle of the historic event. But his questions reflected some of the points in the video--the royal family was born into the wealth and privilege, what does he even do, in how many ways could all the money spent on the coronation be put to better use.

I tried to make the event resonate with some meaning for him, but I failed. But I really, really wished my MIL was alive to have shared her birthday with King Charles' coronation. She would have been in her element, and I would have mandated a family watch party for her birthday.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I appreciated that Charles recycled a number of his coronation robes from his grandfather George VI and even one from George the IV, that was from 1821, I think.

Okay----Seems like you kids have forgotten ALL about Lady Dai and her hirsute 'Gypshun Lover Boy. (see photo). I think it would be nice to have a Royal Exhumation, and put Lady Dai's Remains on display, in order for her faithfull followers to line up for blocks and wait for hours to view her remains. They prolly are remarkably well-preserved, don't you think? 2023-05-07 (7).jpg2023-05-07 (9).jpg

Have been getting ready to sell house and now to have an auction. My poor body cannot take it! Today at 3, I went sound asleep. I am no longer a young woman that is able to work nonstop. DS is here and he is helping carrying, lifting and dragging. I am sure DH will have difficulty walking tomorrow. Still have lots to go through and drag out to the garage. BUT we can see progress!

Frugal-one, that sounds painful!

The much anticipated underwater archaeology class I’d been looking by forward to for a couple of months was a huge bust. Due to bad visibility at the usual dive site, we had to go elsewhere. This site is much closer to me, but the walk from car to gear up area is probably 3 times the walk at usual place. Plus, you have to go down stairs and then across a beach area of small round slippery stones to get into water. It was too much for my poor knees. Plus we ended up having very bad viz once we got into the water. Viz was so bad I didn’t swim around. Just stayed in one place. Made one attempt at drawing, but it was very bad. Realized while I love looking at wrecks, measuring and drawing them is soooo boring. Big waste of time and money.

Debating whether I go to usual dive spot on Monday, but I’m beat and think I’ll just drive my brains out next Saturday. I had wanted to dive both days each weekend, but my body just can’t take it.

So sorry for all the aches and pains going around.

Frugal-one, ds helping is hopefully making a huge difference. At least you know it will be over soon and all the stress and work with selling the house will be over!

Tradd, sorry the diving was a bust, but at least now you know that the drawing is not your thing! Easy enough to move on from it.

Hope all the sore bodies get some rest!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Frugal one, I totally have felt your pain. 2 1/2 years ago I worked 10 hours a day for a month hauling my ex’s junk so that the house could close. Then I helped my son remodel my condo and moved in and unpacked. I injured my shoulder and it took a year with many laser treatments to heal. Although I have to be careful and if I overdo it the pain comes back. Good luck with the auction.

Surprisingly, none of us were in pain the next day. We all took homepathic arnica montana 30C... miraculous stuff! I will be happy if we break even. You never know with these kind of things. All the stuff just needs to disappear. Will call St Vinny's on Tues to schedule a pick up for afterwards for what is left. The appointment can always be cancelled, if needed.

I’m extremely tired of people who have absolutely no effing clue how things work bellyaching about how things have increased. What put me over the edge was someone bitching about $1200 for a new water heater and installation. It’s a gas one and person can’t understand that you need to have a plumber disconnect/connect the gas. Can’t do it yourself. Also apparently a weird spot so installation took more time and effort.

Just like the people bitching about the higher cost of farmers market produce. They don’t consider increased costs for fuel, fertilizer, and labor.

Oy vey. I drove past our old house yesterday. The new people have completely wiped out my flower garden. Gulp. The new guy was wheeling a wheelbarrow full of plants out to the dumpster as I drove by, looks like a last wheelbarrow full.

In my head I knew that all those plants were a goner sooner or later, but had I known they were going to get rid of them within a year I would’ve dug up all the hostas.

Actually, I’m going to drive by the compost dumpster this morning and see if there are hostas I can rescue. Ironically, my condo complex wants a bunch of hostas. Had I known that, I would’ve dug up even more from our old house. As it was, I dug up a couple dozen and sold them at our sale with all the proceeds going to the park Conservancy.

I left many iris plants there, ones I truly did not want, but digging them and letting them out in the alley to let people know they can come and get them is a good way to get rid of iris.

I’m actually having to invent a new way to get rid of iris in Hermann. But that is another topic.

and the reason I didn’t take 95% of the hostas with me to Hermann is that deer eat them. Little did I know we would end up with an area below the deck that MAY BE deer proof. Recently I placed hostas and Lilies in that bed, and we shall see if the deer scale the wall to get to them.

tldr:
    Old flower garden wiped out by new owners

Deer suck

Thread Information