Page 148 of 422 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Aaarg!

dh hit a cut in the road last night and split both front tires. He is fine, so I am trying to just be grateful for that, but now we have a huge bill for tow, new tires, and rental car. In the quarter when he has a temporary pay cut, my job is ending for the summer (which we planned on, but it means no chance of picks up extra for subbing for a while) and our dd is coming home to live so added food and electric.

Also, the brakes went out on my car (the plan is that this car is supposed to last me at least another year until we get dd2 out if school) so I am driving the bad gas milage farm truck until dh can fix them.

this is probably going to delay the dry walling of the addition significantly.

Yppej
    There should be a better tire. Years ago one was advertised driving over spikes and resealing itself but somehow that never seemed to come to fruition in real life.

Had to contact Verizon 4 times and spend over 2 hours to get a simple replacement remote control. The people in their offshored call centers are in way over their heads, so I resorted to social media, which got me Americans in departments that refused to talk to each other. And this is supposedly a communications company! This is a good case of the things I own owning me.

Run Flats is what they are called, they do come on high end cars That's all hubby will run with his many miles of driving.

Time for a rant. I have two today.

shopping: ugh, I dont want to answer a shit ton of questions at time of purchase. Just take my money and shut up. No I dont want a rewards card. No, I do not want to give you my freekin email address. Stop asking me how
    I want my receipt, give it to me in paper because how can you email it to me, I didnt give you my email address???

stuff more stuff the stuff rolls in associated with garden clubs: As a "thank you" for a judging assignment i received a gift bag with the ubiquitous candle plus some lotion plus some lavender cream. More little thingamajigs to use up. Then another thank you bag came, with another set of small thinamajigs. Then I learned that each of us will receive a mixed tape (actually, a CD) from a flower show, an audio track of music played at the show. Ummm. I dont want this.No one asked if I wanted one. Someoneis burning these, someone is using precious life energy to make this crap. No, just cut it out. If I want music I will buy it, and why does anyone think their compilation is a set I would want?

ugh. I love my flower show peeps and I love the creative work we do in having shows and setting up designs for critique. But I do not want the attendant CRAP!

And then we had a meeting about another flower event and we had quite a long discussion, during which I got crabbier and crabbier, about keeping people hydrated while they toured the Botanical gardens. The person in charge of the tour planned to buy water in Plastic bottles and keep them in a cooler on the bus. Ok, whatever, Eye roll. But then a person who is the ultimate consumer said that we should buy permenant water bottles with our logo, would be great because then "you can recycle it and use it again..." and on and on. Yes, buying more cheap crap from China is exactly what we should be doing to litter the earth and force attendees to take home yet another stupid thing they dont want. At our meeting I made her take the three tote bags We had received at the previous flower show event. She wants bags! Well, she will get them from me,
    I hate them.

tl;dr Iris hates useless objects foisted on her!
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-21-17 at 12:03pm.

I gained a lot of wt when I got sick. well, first I lost 70 lbs in 2 mos but quickly gained that and more back. I am limited in exercising to 5 min spurts on a reclining bike. 5 mins seems so little, I don't bother, but if I did it 6 times that would be 30 mins of exercise. I eat way too many carbs, I hate to cook. I've tried to cut back and keep failing. So today I had it, I have to change. I'm going to do slim fast because I have 3 cans of it in the house. But I also got an email from Good Rx that talked about drugs that work for more than one thing. There was a drug listed for wt loss. I saw my doctor and we're going to try it. I'm also now diabetic with an A1c of 6.1. My dad is a brittle diabetic, I don't want to go down that path. I'm angry at myself for wanting a wt loss drug but I'm going to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    I gained a lot of wt when I got sick. well, first I lost 70 lbs in 2 mos but quickly gained that and more back. I am limited in exercising to 5 min spurts on a reclining bike. 5 mins seems so little, I don't bother, but if I did it 6 times that would be 30 mins of exercise. I eat way too many carbs, I hate to cook. I've tried to cut back and keep failing. So today I had it, I have to change. I'm going to do slim fast because I have 3 cans of it in the house. But I also got an email from Good Rx that talked about drugs that work for more than one thing. There was a drug listed for wt loss. I saw my doctor and we're going to try it. I'm also now diabetic with an A1c of 6.1. My dad is a brittle diabetic, I don't want to go down that path. I'm angry at myself for wanting a wt loss drug but I'm going to try it.
    With all your healthh problems and the limitations of your lifestyle (elderly parents) I applaud you getting whatever help you need in the form of a pill.

Your limitation in exercise is pretty tough for a weight loss regime. So, I hope this works!

i know that I cant lose weight without stepping up exercise.

thanks, IL

I've seen it reported that exercise is only 20% of weight loss. Gary Taubes thinks it only makes one hungry. It's good for muscle-building and/or cardiovascular health, but not really necessary to lose weight. As far as diabetes goes, Dr. Richard K Bernstein wrote the book on that. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I've seen it reported that exercise is only 20% of weight loss. Gary Taubes thinks it only makes one hungry. It's good for muscle-building and/or cardiovascular health, but not really necessary to lose weight. As far as diabetes goes, Dr. Richard K Bernstein wrote the book on that. Good luck!
    Oh, I know one doesn't burn that many calories just from a bit of daily exercise, but I think it probably pushes my metabolism to work a little harder overall. Plus, I feel much better which leads to eating the right things. It's more of a psychological boost than a physiological boost for me.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh, I know one doesn't burn that many calories just from a bit of daily exercise, but I think it probably pushes my metabolism to work a little harder overall. Plus, I feel much better which leads to eating the right things. It's more of a psychological boost than a physiological boost for me.
    Yeah--I'm all for exercise, even though I don't do any. It's always nice to get some fresh air and make some vitamin D.

Thread Information