Page 145 of 422 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 4217

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Sounds like you should call your state labor department. You should (at least) be paid 4 hours at minimum wage. They had you working for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Today my rant is bait and switch. Advertise a position as full time, call applicants for a working interview, once they arrive tell them it will only be full time for 3 weeks until your backlog is caught up, then it will be 8 hours a week, but maybe we will have more work down the road so while you are here we want to assess your phone skills. Please spend the next 4 hours making reminder calls to all the customers on this list. I passed.
    Been there and done that - wait until you spend a day and a tank of gas to find out they are selling a franchise or worse, they want you to volunteer and work for free!

Yppej
    Frugal-one, I walked out and didn't provide free labor, but if I had I certainly would have taken your advice. They sounded iffy on the phone but a woman in my networking group was recruiting for them so I thought they had some legitimacy. Next time I should trust my instincts.

Yppej
    Ouch 19Sandy! I thought a third of a tank of gas was bad enough.

It is has been a long while since I was on unemployment, but they loved sending us to weird job listings just to see if we would put up with some of the nonsense. If you didn't follow the guidelines, then you got into trouble. You also had to prove that it was nonsense by tape recording or collecting documents. A lot people would get fed up with the whole process and just give up the money from unemployment. This was when the economy was bad everywhere and there were hundreds of people in meetings that used to be for one person only.

It never fails that I drive around doing Friday errand and forget to mail a time-sensitive letter. Got to back out in the cold and drizzle!

I don't think I'll ever get used to having to dispose of dead pack rats. The body count in little Chez SzQ is rising as of late. Spring mating season is upon us here in the high desert.

Can I have a pet peeve for myself and others? Just being honest. I get really upset about bad drivers, the ones that cause grid lock really piss me off. You are in the city! That means you need to wait for space even if the light is green.

And yesterday I cut someone off in traffic. I am usually so good about it, I have not excuses. So now I am the driver to be yelled at, I mean who actually is a good driver all the time, and you have to learn from it.

Yppej
    Wishy washy organizations. I cancelled a free seminar I really wanted to attend because I was called to a third interview, which I was told was for the lone finalist, and could only be held at a particular time due to the schedule of the chief executive. Got an email at 6:30 AM he can't make it but come in anyways. So I met instead with someone I already met before, who apologized for a wasted trip, and passed me off to another person who I had also already met with. That person said now they don't know what they want to do with the position. You couldn't have told me this over the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I don't think I'll ever get used to having to dispose of dead pack rats. The body count in little Chez SzQ is rising as of late. Spring mating season is upon us here in the high desert.
    All I can think of is Sammy, Frank, and Dean!

Thread Information