Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150
Results 1,491 to 1,494 of 1494

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    How the heck are you supposed to dress yourself when your waist/hip area is a size 12 but your butt and thighs are more like a size 6? I just decided to see what I look like from behind while wearing what I though was a decent-looking and comfortable pair of cut-off shorts...ugh....skinny stick legs floating around inside a column of denim and a saggy seat area, yet tight around my waistband.

I honestly have no idea how to dress my aging, menopausal figure...dang, and I used to look pretty hot!
    That's why my daily outfit is yoga pants. If I were in the Southwest, I'd probably switch to simple cotton dresses. One year there was a sale at Bass and I bought 3 of the exact same dress: like a polo shirt with a collar and short sleeves, only a dress. It was a great comfortable, casual look. Wore a different color every day.

As you can see, I tend to go for "uniforms." I don't like making decisions about what I'm going to wear every day. No wonder I wanted to be a nun when I was young--the kind with the habits.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I was just at Duluth Trading Company here and they had a number of cotton dresses (looked like very long shirts and a coupld of short sleeved stretchy dresses. I also liked their pants and skorts.

Being out here in a hippy desert town my uniform IS denim cut-offs. I just had no idea that this particular pair (originally Ralph Lauren jeans that I got at the thrift store for a couple of bucks and cut off myself) looked so lousy. The thrift store doesn't have three way mirrors so I never really looked at myself from behind! I just wish some of the new fat around my waist and hips would migrate downward and fill out the seat of my pants.

I might break down this week and get some new shorts on sale at Kohl's or something. I have some coupons to use. My body has really changed this year being away from the Wholefoods job and drinking way more booze than I used to. I've packed on a few extra pounds and it doesn't look that bad, it's more like I am just not used to it. I think it is going to be my new normal, unfortunately, unless I get the same kind of job that had me running around all day long like a crazy person.

The painter. yes this is my skylight, freshly painted.
    Attached Images Attached Images