Page 295 of 422 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Well, our repair bill dor stolen catalytic converter was $950.00.ouch.
    OMG. So sorry, IL.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Just bought enough minutes for my Tracfone to last another year, but the website popped up this notice while I was there:

This is most likely 5G sh*t. At the very least it means the equipment on cellphone towers is being gradually updated by switching more and more of the nodes on each tower to a newer transmission standard/protocol, which means there is less and less bandwidth available for phones that use the old protocol/standard. The bottom line is, I'll almost certainly have to stop using my perfectly good cellphone before it actually breaks or wears out and buy a newer phone.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    Just bought enough minutes for my Tracfone to last another year, but the website popped up this notice while I was there:

This is most likely 5G sh*t. At the very least it means the equipment on cellphone towers is being gradually updated by switching more and more of the nodes on each tower to a newer transmission standard/protocol, which means there is less and less bandwidth available for phones that use the old protocol/standard. The bottom line is, I'll almost certainly have to stop using my perfectly good cellphone before it actually breaks or wears out and buy a newer phone.
    I had to replace my phone. It's 3G that is going away. You need to switch to 4G or 5G. I do like my new phone because it is Bluetooth compatible so I can legally talk and drive at the same time. I paid $60.00 plus sales tax for it.

George: We use Tracfone too, and we upgraded our phones last year when hearing that our phones would stop working "soon." We may have jumped the gun on that, but my newer phone is SO much better than my previous phone that I'm still glad I made the upgrade. I have the Samsung A10e and DH has the A20. We got them both through Tracfone.

Agreed it is 3g going away. I bought an Alcatel 4G flip phone last year to switch to, as the new Nokia wasn't available in the USA yet. (could get grey market)
    When my boss passed, all of a sudden, I needed a smart phone. Based on my needs the newest 5G was way more then I wanted to spend and the specs I wanted were on a 4G phone for $120. My flip then went to an inlaws elderly mother, who just needs a basic phone.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    George: We use Tracfone too, and we upgraded our phones last year when hearing that our phones would stop working "soon." We may have jumped the gun on that, but my newer phone is SO much better than my previous phone that I'm still glad I made the upgrade. I have the Samsung A10e and DH has the A20. We got them both through Tracfone.
    But those are smart phones! I HATE smart phones! I refuse to have a smart phone unless there is no other cell phone available in the entire universe.

Yppej
    But those are smart phones! I HATE smart phones! I refuse to have a smart phone unless there is no other cell phone available in the entire universe.
    You can have a smart phone and keep the data turned off like I do. That keeps your bill low.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    You can have a smart phone and keep the data turned off like I do. That keeps your bill low.
    And do you still get text messages (which I don't want to turn off)? And are you absolutely certain that malicious text messages can't turn data back on by planting malware on your phone?

I don't need a smart phone, don't want one, and there's no way I will ever run the risk of having one as long as there is any reasonable alternative available.

Yppej
    Yes, I still get text messages. Don't click on links in them.

I HATE smart phones!
    How can you say you hate something you've never used/aren't familiar with? What is it about smart phones that you are so determined to not want?

Thread Information