Page 340 of 422 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Not really a rant but it's frustrating when you are really proud of something you did and someone comes along and makes a comment and it just takes the wind out of your sails.

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    Not really a rant but it's frustrating when you are really proud of something you did and someone comes along and makes a comment and it just takes the wind out of your sails.
    Tell them to pound sand! I do know what you mean though. Probably jealous?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Tell them to pound sand! I do know what you mean though. Probably jealous?
    That's what I was thinking too.

Or ignores it completely, even when you mention it. I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Or ignores it completely, even when you mention it. I feel your pain.
    I think I would he rather ignored it than to make a negative comment. I worked really hard on it and he pretty much said it wasn't worthy.

I think I would he rather ignored it than to make a negative comment. I worked really hard on it and he pretty much said it wasn't worthy.
    Unless this was in an educational setting, where it was harsh but maybe understandable, he really should have emphasized the project's positive qualities or kept his mouth shut, IMO.

Or they have different values and see what your doing as EGO and boasting.

I've pretty much done both, as a big part of it is how much or many times someone goes on about something.
    For instance, I know and have known way more then my share of professional athletes. Generally I am able to ignore them, or they try to do something to make the story relevant to me since I don't give a c about sports. But I have taken the wind out of their sales and also had to deal with being "gifted" something (or an "experience", aka want to hold the Superbowl trophy, etc), they think is doing me good, and I think of either as a dust catcher, or (in the case of an autographed jersey), a glorified, fancy dipstick oil wiper.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Or they have different values and see what your doing as EGO and boasting.

I've pretty much done both, as a big part of it is how much or many times someone goes on about something.
    For instance, I know and have known way more then my share of professional athletes. Generally I am able to ignore them, or they try to do something to make the story relevant to me since I don't give a c about sports. But I have taken the wind out of their sales and also had to deal with being "gifted" something (or an "experience", aka want to hold the Superbowl trophy, etc), they think is doing me good, and I think of either as a dust catcher, or (in the case of an autographed jersey), a glorified, fancy dipstick oil wiper.
    I never said anything about what I did to them so it can't be perceived as boasting. I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt my feelings. For all I know, they had no idea I was the one who did it so they might have thought I was an impartial person and were just giving their opinion on a random thing. I am over the hurt now and am still proud of what I did. Comment just stung for a moment.

Ya’ll know this thread is nearly 11 years old, right? Haha, we have a lot of rants. It is human nature, I guess.

I wonder how early poster who we no longer see around here are coming along with their annoyances and problems.

Today I will rant about my own self centered laziness. During the pandemic I developed the bad habit of ordering common stuff from Amazon and having it delivered. OK I can excuse my actions then because it was Pandemic Time.

OK but that is over and I’ve been going into regular stores for a year and a half maybe two years.

Last week I was making a grocery store run to the big supermarket in the next town over and I needed bobby pins and toothpicks. It is a new store to me and I don’t know the layout. I looked in the aisles where I thought these things would reside. They were not there.
    since I was running out of steam I came home and order them on Amazon along with other things in my cart. I’ve been making a weekly order on Amazon, setting it up to all ship on one day because you would think they would pack them all together, right? Saving gas, saving packing materials.

Well today I got a shipment that I ordered last week. Look at how they’re packed. Makes me sick when I think of the thousands hundreds of thousands know millions and billions of stupid empty boxes that have been shipped around.

My penance is that I *DO* break down these boxes and drive them to the recycling center in Hermann. But recycling is not as good as never getting it at all.

2195113B-3BB9-4D9F-BBF1-CB8276FF1FE8.jpg

Thread Information