Page 257 of 257 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257
Results 2,561 to 2,566 of 2566

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Thank God it happened after the cold spell. And also, 25 years is a pretty good life for an HVAC system
    I know. And I haven't had to spend any money on it except a "yearly" checkup every other year and having a little freon put in it every 5 years or so. But I was really hoping It would stay functional at least until summer. By then I'll either be ready to sell this house and move back to Georgia, or ready to bite the bullet and stay here.

But there is one other "good" thing about this situation. I paid $56,000 for this house in 2000 and Zwillow.com says current market value is $178,000, so the cost of the new HVAC is a drop in the bucket compared to the current property value.

IL- We use garbage can lids to gather chestnut burrs and sticks then dump either into the can or into the woods. I used to use a wheelbarrow for everything! Now I'm not as strong.

My go-to method for hauling most everything is 5 gallon buckets. Even in our community garden where we have wheelbarrows a loaded wheelbarrow is hard to maneuver up and over a brick border. I just don’t like to mess with them. I like the simplicity and ease of holding a bucket in either hand, they are more maneuverable.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-22-21 at 7:04pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    My go-to method for hauling most everything is 5 gallon buckets. Even in our community garden where we have wheelbarrels, a loaded wheelbarrow it’s hard to maneuver up in over a brick path, I just don’t like to mess with them. I like the simplicity and ease of holding a bucket in either hand, they are more maneuverable.
    Oh yes, the indispensable 5-gallon bucket, my favorite gardening tool after my Felcos!

My senior friend I grocery shop for has been asking me to get a can of Lysol SPRAY disinfectant for months. It's been out of stock, for obvious reasons. I'd check every time I went to the grocery store. Found a couple of large cans at Jewel, the big Chicago grocery chain, where I shop (and where senior friend always shopped). No price sticker on the shelf, but I didn't really think about it. You know what it range up at? $10! Crazy! I don't know what it sold pre-pandemic, as I've not bought the stuff in probably 20 years. Senior friend was so happy to have a can she didn't really care about the cost. She has been well supplied with wipes so I'm not sure why she wanted the spray.

$10 for a big can of Lysol spray. Still boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    $10 for a big can of Lysol spray. Still boggles my mind.
    In stock at Walmart $5.77 19oz. Limited stock at Target $5.99 19oz.

Thread Information