Page 258 of 422 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Dang, IL. Fabulous find.

You don’t have to do anything. Liberate yourself and throw them away).

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    You don’t have to do anything. Liberate yourself and throw them away).
    haha. Ok maybe.

The wonderful thing is that a few months ago I received a thumb drive of photographs from that side of the family, so I am guessing that this one of the grand old man, the great great grandfather of us all, is on that drive as well and he is the important one because he’s a man you know ha ha Ha. If I can’t figure out who these women are I just might throw them away because as I tell myself, it’s pretty useless if we don’t know who these people are.

I'll bet finding them was a surprise! Hope you figure out what to do with them.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Arghhhgg, mom! I am mad at my mom (poor woman, ten+ years deceased.)

Thanks mom. NOT!!! Thanks so much for giving me more work than I wanted to take on. Granted, there’s not a ton of photos there’s probably about seven images, but I can’t just throw them out because my rule is I don’t throw out pictures of the ancient ones. I will have to figure out who the ancient ones are and maybe send them to people or scan them or something. I thought I finished that project years ago.
    Future genealogists in your family will be so glad you did!

Kinda a rant, kinda not.

Someone I’ve been trying to push out of the position in our neighborhood board has FINALLY said he will step out of that position.

He was doing such a bad job for so long he pretty much killed a program that used to be popular in our neighborhood. He’s doing such a bad job that our neighborhood wide strategic plan had residents calling for an audit of the program he was “running.” But he wasn’t “running” it because he’s useless and ineffective.Longtime residents have been shaking their head s about it and washed their hands of the program because it’s so poorly run.

Of course I’m the only one with the fkg balls to push him out.

Soooo, are you able to pick up the pieces and restart the program or is it killed by incompetence?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Soooo, are you able to pick up the pieces and restart the program or is it killed by incompetence?
    That is really the million dollar question.

I do not honestly know if the program is a failure because the neighborhood doesn’t care enough about it to make it work, or if it’s a failure because he doesn’t do necessary work.

Two months ago I set myself up as the head of a committee to evaluate the program with my authority being our neighborhood strategic plan which we paid $25,000 for. One of the things that our residents told us in the planning process that they wanted this program to be evaluated. To me it’s pretty clear that there’s enough unhappiness on the ground with it that my board needs to address its problems.

The past two months I have been collecting records for a volunteer database that he did not keep up. We didn’t even know who was a current volunteer. I have acted as his administrative secretary, kind of his girl Friday, in keeping up with communications with our volunteers. I know exactly what they should be doing because I’m one of those volunteers.

I tell my board that I don’t honestly know if this is a viable program, but we have all agreed to give it our best shot and evaluate it next December. The real problem is that our board is unable to pull the plug on anything and they don’t have clear guidelines even though we have gone into it saying we want 75% of our neighborhood involved in this program.

My term of office is up in the fall and I won’t be renewing because I’m moving out of the city. Someone will have to step in to lead this program. If no one steps up to lead it, it’s dead. And really, that’s fine it deserves to die if no one wants to keep it going. But I think I’ve got a lead on somebody who would take over because she’s already told me she tried to get him to resign years ago he wouldn’t and she gave up on the whole program.

It’s desperately hard to get these idiots out of these positions. In my neighborhood the president position turns over every two years and there’s always new board members so they don’t really know how well somethings are being done. Incompetence hide under the radar.

Five years ago we pushed the head of the community garden out after she had appointed herself as the leader for 20 years. It was a very ugly series of events and there was ummm, err,mediation. My team members carried out our part of mediation, I stayed away.

That was absolutely the right move for our community garden because it has thrived since she left. We require new leadership every two years. Yes it is a bumpy road to train new people and yes they have the same ideas that we hear over and over, but that’s OK. They’re enthusiastic about doing things and they take ownership of a corner of the garden and make up it their own. Everyone gets a fair shot at getting a garden bed. These things did not happen under the leadership of the former garden diva.

Orangeburg Sewer Lines, WW2 cheap helping the cause. Now I am helping the economy since the product had a short life span as did my being able to flush the home we bought 20 months ago, till it is replaced next week

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    Orangeburg Sewer Lines, WW2 cheap helping the cause. Now I am helping the economy since the product had a short life span as did my being able to flush the home we bought 20 months ago, till it is replaced next week
    Sewer problems suck.

I told DH “be prepared for replacing the entire sewer line on our Hermann house because that is what we do, ya know.”

Even if our Hermann house is “new” compared to the 19th century buildings we buy normally, it is still 80 years old.

Thread Information