Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Daily Peeve / Rant

I've purchased several small items in the past two weeks and I'm fed up to there with customer-unfriendly packaging, particularly plastic stuff.

The first item was a wireless mouse (love it!) which came in heavy-duty plastic, sealed at all edges, with a convenient hole for fastening on a pegboard hook. Never mind I mail-ordered it.

The second is some mid-weight cotton socks bought at the supermarket. The socks have those icky little plastic fasteners that hold the socks together tightly enough so that it's difficult to cut the plastic thingie without cutting the socks. Then there's the wee plastic hanger that seems to be useful only for filling up odd corners in the recycle bin. (No, wait - surely there's some artsy-craftsy use for these things. Let me think.)

Two things rub me the wrong way about bad packaging: 1) the assumption that the majority of customers are thieves who will take anything small enough to tuck into pocket or purse; and 2) the utter disregard for the many of us who have pain in our hands and arms.

Since I'm setting the rules for this post , only one peeve per day per person is permitted, lest we begin dwelling overmuch on the negative.
    Last edited by iris lily; 7-28-14 at 7:05pm.

Thread Information