Page 239 of 421 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I would definitely be violating the law and sleeping in the RV. I don’t deal well with heat.

Our son who can fix anything told us that if our AC goes out, we need to buy a window AC for the bedroom and use that room until he can get to Phoenix to install a new mini-split for us to replace the unit on our roof. He forbids us to hire anyone else. 😄

I can empathize with you both (Alan and Rosemary). We had 2 days of grief. DH hit his head (is ok now), both sink and toilet in main bath had problems, water purifier died, fairly new bed sheets .... bottom sheet ripped majorly. Roofers came to re-do flat roof that was done in too cold of weather last year. They got here late in the day and could not finish. We got 3 inches of rain and the roof leaked causing holes in ceiling and tiles to split. Roofers came and finished outside yesterday. Supposedly, will be here tomorrow to fix inside. Everything is repaired or replaced except inside ceiling. Too much at one time!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Ha, don't think we haven't considered it. We're already thiiiisssss close to parking it in the driveway just to sleep in with the AC on high. It's against our township zoning rules but maybe no one will notice.

One more unexpected occurrence, after posting my rant last night and going to bed the Android tablet I've been using for the past 6 or 7 years to read in bed with died. Or more specifically it seems to be caught in a boot loop where it appears to be doing something but can't quite get it done. I've spent several hours today trying to get it back to it's default state without success. I think it's time to have the Amazon machine deliver a new Kindle while I wait for the next bit of Pixie mischief directed at me.
    Can’t imagine anyone would complain for a day or two??

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Can’t imagine anyone would complain for a day or two??
    Twice now I've had notices left on my door with pictures of our old motorhome parked in the drive. One of our township employees apparently drives around looking for infractions, taking pictures and leaving them at the residences with the threat of a fine if not moved within 24 hours. Both times I've contacted the township, explained that we must be able to pack and unpack our RV's without threat of a fine so we'd appreciate a little leeway. I'm afraid to get another one because did I mention that this heat makes me cranky?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

You poor people!

Frugal so sorry. Alan that’s ridiculous. You need to be able to pack it at a reasonable pace.

Geila

Unhappy

I am exhausted and the first thing I saw when I turned on my computer this morning was a photo of a 39 year old man assaulting a 59 year old woman. Punching her, kicking her when she's down and calling her a monkey. What is wrong humanity?

The exhaustion is from struggling because I developed allergies to not one, but three, of the medications we tried to treat one of my health issues. My body is exhausted from the yo-yo of different medications practically every day. Along with the underlying health condition that necessitates said medication. And on Monday night, exactly one week after the cat attack landed us in the emergency room, my boxer got skunked, in the face, from about 2 feet away. Her mouth was foaming, my husband was holding her trying to keep her from attacking the skunk, who was standing his ground. It was 10 pm. We've never had a skunked pet before. At midnight we finally made it to bed. The most damage was to my dog's mouth. The vet said she should be okay by Friday, but her gums are all swollen and were a bit bloody this morning. I put her meds in her wet food but she can smell it and refused to eat it. I'm so tired and it's not even 11 am.

And hotel desk clerks are being beaten up by men who don't have an ounce of decency. Just want to go back to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I am exhausted and the first thing I saw when I turned on my computer this morning was a photo of a 39 year old man assaulting a 59 year old woman. Punching her, kicking her when she's down and calling her a monkey. What is wrong humanity?

The exhaustion is from struggling because I developed allergies to not one, but three, of the medications we tried to treat one of my health issues. My body is exhausted from the yo-yo of different medications practically every day. Along with the underlying health condition that necessitates said medication. And on Monday night, exactly one week after the cat attack landed us in the emergency room, my boxer got skunked, in the face, from about 2 feet away. Her mouth was foaming, my husband was holding her trying to keep her from attacking the skunk, who was standing his ground. It was 10 pm. We've never had a skunked pet before. At midnight we finally made it to bed. The most damage was to my dog's mouth. The vet said she should be okay by Friday, but her gums are all swollen and were a bit bloody this morning. I put her meds in her wet food but she can smell it and refused to eat it. I'm so tired and it's not even 11 am.

And hotel desk clerks are being beaten up by men who don't have an ounce of decency. Just want to go back to bed.
    Time to give yourself a news break. There is too much negativity. You need a rest from it.

Geila
    Yesterday I was at the grocery store and not one but two men stand right next to me in line, shoulders practically touching. I snarled at both of them to back off. One guy I had to say it twice and point to his X on the floor and told him that's where he's supposed to be. Next time I growl. And maybe give a swift kick. Not in the mood to suffer fools.

Thread Information