Page 344 of 422 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 4218

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It is hard for me to separate Peterson from his talks. It is true he has had some huge problems with mental illness and he talks openly about that.

He has, or has had in that past anyway, some ok things to say I just wish there was a different promenant mouthpiece for those things.
    Yes--he has whatever the opposite of charisma is, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Yes--he has whatever the opposite of charisma is, as far as I'm concerned.
    Oh yeah, he sucks all the joy out of the room.

Okay---"Joy Suckers Unite!" Ha. That would make a nifty T-shirt slogan. Yup. I don't listen to Jordan Peterson; I have, but I figured he must be a schizo. Yup.

Yesterday afternoon I was weeding my community garden bed in the city when I heard shots coming from the Projects a block away. It was a little worrisome because it was two “pop pop” shots, not the spray of gunfire that happens when the brothers are randomly shooting at each other. I thought to myself, that sounds like purposeful shooting.

When I drove away there were 6+ police cars there with caution tape surrounding an area. When I googled “shooting in Clinton Peabody” I couldn’t find any report yesterday or today, but it will come out eventually. What does come out in that googling is all of the shootings at Clinton Peabody. This demonstrates why my ZIP Code and even closer, the two block radius of my former home, is in the 1% worldwide of homicides per capita.

Yay, us.
    This is all federally funded, federally run housing so I’m glad we all are paying for it.
    Well at least Rob isn't the only one with zip code pride!

Okay-----I-Wah Meat Cultcha. Even the local-yokel gas station handles fresh lockered beef. The commenter says "yummy"; but the commenter sure isn't,. Too mucha that Iwah beef in her diet, I guess. But yeah--it is very annoying. See?2022-09-03 (4).jpg2022-09-03 (4).jpg2022-09-03 (3).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Well at least Rob isn't the only one with zip code pride!
    Haha yep!

It is hard for me to separate Peterson from his talks. It is true he has had some huge problems with mental illness and he talks openly about that.
    Most clinicians like he calls them, psychiatrists, have mental problems one way or another, either an existentialism that never ends, anxieties, even depression, that's why they usually also visit psychiatrists on their own time. Most of them choose that career because they thought it would grant them the insight into the human mind, the human condition, but it doesn't, other's thought it would grant the power of analyses over people's personalities. They might tell you, after I don't know how many sessions, where the source of the problem is, and the source often excludes the person with problems of any responsibility over their current situation, and specially young people, they love it, it's so easy to blame the parents, because they are the first role models, the first influence. But where everything falls apart is fixing the problem, that's the big deal, that's why so many people are on medication, because every single people on earth has different experiences derived from different environments, with different influences, what can make one person overcome it psychologically, won't work on another, that's where philosophy starts kicking, but the problem with philosophy is that people pick and choose the one who satisfy their lifestyle the most. In some cases, you cover a hole and another pops up, that's why so many spend their lives visiting those clinicians. My search for that core lead me away from philosophy and psychoanalyses long ago, it wasn't there. Now I believe I know where it is, but it's a serious business, it ain't easy, no sir, and I don't have the will in me, cheap trills, living with gratitude is enough, it's easier and less demanding.

Ted Bundy's degree was in psychology, if I remember correctly.
    I took a couple of psychology courses, and thought them fatuous.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Ted Bundy's degree was in psychology, if I remember correctly.
    I took a couple of psychology courses, and thought them fatuous.
    I thank God my own mental health is such that I don’t have to negotiate the Byzantine pseudo-science world of psychoanalysis and mental health medicine.

It is all complex, that world, and yes I think it is made even more so by the number of practitioners who are not mentally healthy themselves, although I suppose that state doesn't necessarily negate their ability to help someone. Maybe.

I thank God my own mental health is such that I don’t have to negotiate the Byzantine pseudo-science world of psychoanalysis and mental health medicine.

It is all complex, that world, and yes I think it is made even more so by the number of practitioners who are not mentally healthy themselves, although I suppose that state doesn't necessarily negate their ability to help someone. Maybe.
    As usual, we're in sync here. I'm sure there are benefits to talk therapy if you're lucky enough to find the rare effective practitioner who clicks with your personality. And I think most psychoactive drugs will be proved more placebo than anything--though they may be replaced with psychedelics like psilocybin or--more likely--by pharmaceuticals based on them.

Interestingly, both Jordan Peterson and his daughter Mikhaila credit diet with putting their severe depression into remission. Another tool.

Thread Information