Page 261 of 422 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    cannot get over the crazy lengths companies go to follow what they perceive as rules without common sense.
    "Hygiene theater", a cousin to the only slightly more popular "security theater".
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Ok explain to me how the United
    states government got my bank account info and was authorized to drop stimmy money into it.

Did they use my/our Social security accounts which granted, they use to drop in Social Security payment?

our first two payments of stim money came in the mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I suppose by allowing Social Security payments into my bank account via direct deposit, The Whole of the US Gubmnt now thinks it has access to my account.
    Why does no one seem to understand that IL is receiving Social Security benefits via direct deposit? It's been well publicized that Stim payments are made via direct deposit if SS or IRS has direct deposit info for you. The mystery is why her first two Stim checks came in the mail instead of direct deposit.

BTW: Anyone you've ever given a paper check to has your checking account number and routing number, which means they can make an electronic deposit or withdrawal by using that information if their business is set up to do electronic transfers. That's reality. You're constantly trusting everyone you deal with to not be crooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Some of our neighbors have hired a company to put a liner in the old pipes which cost 5k instead of 20k.
    Yes I know of Liners, sadly ours is collapsing

My peeve of the moment is the practice of being really horribly nasty to other Forum members and alienating them. This is NOT a game of "King of the Hill," and Alan will NOT award a wonderful prize to the one who drives all the other members away. Geesh.

Thanks Rosa. Well said and needed to be said.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

It always makes me really sad when someone leaves the forum because of harassment and/or trolling. It hurts all of us, because generally we all get along, and we accept that everyone has a different perspective to contribute, whether that perspective is in alignment with our own thoughts and values or not. I don't like cancel culture impacting SLN. Look at the members list and check off how many people are no longer posting here, often because they didn't like the negativity, most recently Tammy and Geila. Rosa, I agree. It sucks.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I agree, Catherine, Razz, and Rosa. For my part, I am trying to be less negative by
    1. Ignoring posts that I think are really out of line
    2. Responding to the pain that I am observing in some of the posts, and expressing empathy and sympathy where appropriate
    3. Refusing to talk about people in the third person--if I want to respond to another poster, respond directly to them, but I really dislike this talking about other people in the third person

That is what I am trying to do, for me, in response to this situation on our forums. Don't know if it helps or not, but all I can do is control me and attempt to be the change I want to see and all that.

But Catherine and Rosa, I agree, I want our old happy forum back.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    Why does no one seem to understand that IL is receiving Social Security benefits via direct deposit? It's been well publicized that Stim payments are made via direct deposit if SS or IRS has direct deposit info for you. The mystery is why her first two Stim checks came in the mail instead of direct deposit.

BTW: Anyone you've ever given a paper check to has your checking account number and routing number, which means they can make an electronic deposit or withdrawal by using that information if their business is set up to do electronic transfers. That's reality. You're constantly trusting everyone you deal with to not be crooks.
    I've done our taxes with direct pay and direct deposit for as long as it has been available. Our 1st stim check came in paper form. I don't think there are answers as to why.....

The Credit Union I have been a member of for twenty or so years recently updated their online banking sight which has totally rendered my Quicken program to track expenses completely useless. This has literally been going on for SIX weeks. Even before they launched their new website, I was having trouble connecting to the bank and lodged at least eight calls to Quicken tech support to get them to help me fix things. The fixes only lasted a few days each. Then the bank launched their new website about three weeks ago, and for the first two weeks I couldn't connect to the bank at all. Then last week I was able to connect but their new online banking program doesn't "talk" to the Quicken program correctly so now there are double entries, a LOT of erroneous information in the wrong fields; the online balances between the bank and the program NEVER match up, etc, etc.

Things this has taught me: for over twenty years the exact counting of my monies going in and out of my life have been very important to me. It was a source of comfort and focus when I was a struggling single parent. It also fed my need for control. To be able to know these things to the exact penny when everything else in my life was spinning out of control helped calm me down. Seeing my savings grow, even in tiny increments, was very encouraging to me. To find places where I could cut back on spending also gave me a sense of control. And on a really practical level, Quicken is where I track my business expenses. Now everything is all screwed up and I have no idea if or when they are ever going to get this problem fixed.

When I call the bank to get updates, I can't get through. Sometimes the phone rings thirty times before I give up. Yesterday and today after I got through the phone tree, I was caller #78 in the que. I bet their IT Department wished they NEVER launched their new program...why can't they leave well enough alone? I had NO PROBLEM with the look of their online banking platform; now I hate the way it looks and operates.

Siouz that is a nasty problem indeed. You explain it well, how important your banking activity has been to your life. Sorry you have to go through this!

Thread Information