Page 210 of 423 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 4225

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

They sound sweet IL. Noki who was 80 lb has plopped down in my lap a few times if I was sitting on the floor or snuggling on the couch. Dogs love to be cuddled.

Yppej
    Remember the coworker's father who just got off the boat, never paying a penny of taxes, and got Medicaid and other government freebies? First he had heart surgery, a colonoscopy and other procedures, now prostate surgery, and they think he has lung cancer which he will also get treated. Meanwhile American citizens who have paid taxes their whole lives go bankrupt because they can't afford their own medical conditions. We should take care of our own first.

I actually owe you a apology. Because my son signed a contract saying his wife would never be on public assistance for 10 years I didn’t think this would ever happen. After much research it appears this is the first administration to follow the law and I cannot disagree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I actually owe you a apology. Because my son signed a contract saying his wife would never be on public assistance for 10 years I didn’t think this would ever happen. After much research it appears this is the first administration to follow the law and I cannot disagree with it.

I’m confused. What is the law that is now being followed?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Remember the coworker's father who just got off the boat, never paying a penny of taxes, and got Medicaid and other government freebies? First he had heart surgery, a colonoscopy and other procedures, now prostate surgery, and they think he has lung cancer which he will also get treated. Meanwhile American citizens who have paid taxes their whole lives go bankrupt because they can't afford their own medical conditions. We should take care of our own first.
    I assume the father is here legally. Would you not have him come into this country at all legally? Or would you be ok with him here, but receiving no freebies from the U.S. taxpayers?

When you sponsor a fiancé or family member you agree you can support them for 10 years. This was 12 years ago and from what I am reading it’s now only 5 years.,

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When you sponsor a fiancé or family member you agree you can support them for 10 years. This was 12 years ago and from what I am reading it’s now only 5 years.,
    That's right--or at least it was right back in the 50s. My Scottish in-laws had to be sponsored when they came here.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    IL he is here legally. I think his daughter who agreed to sponsor him should be purchasing an insurance policy for him, or his wife who is able-bodied should be working at a job with family benefits and covering him. There are good paying assembly jobs in the area, no standing required, with bilingual supervisors and no need for English language skills. This couple has been here a year now, have green cards so can legally work, but have done nothing but soak up taxpayer money. In the winter they only leave the house for medical appointments because they don't like cold weather. The mother is my age and the father 6 years older than me. I don't like scraping the ice off my car, shoveling snow, and heading out in the dark and cold for six months of the year either but I do it, and if I lived in another country I would do it there too.

As I may have mentioned, my projects started slow this year, but somehow in late February everyone started calling me and asking me to work for them. No complaints on that, really! I've basically executed a year's worth of projects since March and it's only mid-August. I'm now at the burn-out phase. A client emailed me just now and asked me if I had time for a meeting today to discuss a meeting tomorrow (I HATE meetings). It's my son's birthday, and we are going into Burlington to celebrate, and felt such a surge of resentment over what will probably be a 10 minute call with a long time friend/client.

I feel I need to run the rest of these projects out (I'm still engaged actively in 5 projects) for the year and not take on too many going into the fall/winter. I'm afraid if I continue to overcommit myself, which is my tendency, I will wind up sabotaging projects and losing clients which is not a good long-term strategy for me.

Thinking about the "enough" of simple living, I can always feel when I've had "enough" work--I get angry, resentful, and frustrated, and I'm really at that point now.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

My husband saves seeds (wonderful, I do, too) but he saves a lot of squashes that have crossed with other squashes and I just don't want to use my squash space growing some weird tasteless thing that reverts to a door holder.

I just wish he would stop trying to save every seed that enters our life.

He is a seed hoarder.

Unless it's flowers, and then let's save them all. . .

Thread Information