Page 325 of 331 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3301

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I admire your self-control and governance when dealing with aggravating people.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Rant... dealing with people who make mistakes and then lie about it and blame you or expect you to pay more for their mistake!!!! CYA... all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I admire your self-control and governance when dealing with aggravating people.
    If you mean me, this has to do with my awesome ability to compartmentalize. And that’s certainly good in many cases and it is not so good in other cases.

So with this particular problematic person I can see the value she brings to our organization in a couple of very specific jobs, but I understand her inability to be trustworthy in positions of real responsibility for the overall organization.

People in my hobby group will say “I know she is a friend of yours but… “ and go on to say something that confirms her craziness and their irritation with her, but they don’t understand just because I have friendly interactions with her and support her work in some cases does it mean at home I’m not bitching and moaning to DH about this person‘s latest craziness. Because I do plenty of bitching and moaning in private about her.

Let me also say that I will never be president, or at least —sigh—I hope I will not take on a presidency of our organization while she’s in the picture because I do NOT want to manage her inability to exist peacefully with the group.

OMG...not great start to the day but I’m just being a whiney-pants.
    Basically, my morning routine shot to hell.

I bought a life insurance policy a couple of weeks ago, and a paramedic was scheduled to come to my house for an examination. However, they never confirmed. I’ve tried calling and I get no answer, or a busy signal. So I don’t know if they’re coming today (in 4 minutes to be exact).

So, because they have to draw blood, I haven’t had my coffee. That’s whiney-pants #1. If I knew what the hell was happening I could deal with it, but who knows if this person is going to show up at all?? Who comes all the way up to GI without confirming the appointment first? I would assume that she would have called to remind me to fast, to relax, to wear a short-sleeved shirt, all that kind of thing.

So that would be enough on its own to make me crabby. But (whiney-pants #2) DH usually starts the morning in his workshop and I have time to sit quietly, no noise, no talking, while I plan my day, meditate, exercise, etc.

But for some reason he picks my coffee-less morning to rattle around since 7 cleaning up the kitchen, rearranging his drawers, and in general just “futterin’ aboot” as my MIL would say.

AND he is now wearing hearing aids that channel his playlist, so he’s singing VERY loudly, and badly, all these show tunes. Yelling, “Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I luv ya! Tomorrow!”

I’ll love you, tomorrow, if I can get my coffee and quiet time.

First world problems I know. I sure can’t complain. He's being cheerful and productive. But I can still be irritated and cranky.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

catherine, since you posted over an hour ago, I hope you have had your exam AND your coffee... or at least your coffee! Wishing you a better day as it progresses.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    catherine, since you posted over an hour ago, I hope you have had your exam AND your coffee... or at least your coffee! Wishing you a better day as it progresses.
    haha! Coffee, yes. Exam, no. I'm off to plant some native flowers in a community garden at the local library, so all is well!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Catherine, sometimes you just want to bury a too cheerful person in the backyard).

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Catherine, sometimes you just want to bury a too cheerful person in the backyard).
    hahaha!!! I'm with you, Terry!

I will NEVER overbook myself to help people out in their galleries for 8 days in a row. I just cannot sit that long doing virtually nothing. I was starting to miss my Wholefoods deli job by day 5. I need stuff to do, projects, things to get done; I CANNOT stand sitting at a desk!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    If you mean me, this has to do with my awesome ability to compartmentalize. And that’s certainly good in many cases and it is not so good in other cases.

So with this particular problematic person I can see the value she brings to our organization in a couple of very specific jobs, but I understand her inability to be trustworthy in positions of real responsibility for the overall organization.

People in my hobby group will say “I know she is a friend of yours but… “ and go on to say something that confirms her craziness and their irritation with her, but they don’t understand just because I have friendly interactions with her and support her work in some cases does it mean at home I’m not bitching and moaning to DH about this person‘s latest craziness. Because I do plenty of bitching and moaning in private about her.

Let me also say that I will never be president, or at least —sigh—I hope I will not take on a presidency of our organization while she’s in the picture because I do NOT want to manage her inability to exist peacefully with the group.
    I will add that at our recent regional conference there was a huge blow up about this problematic person, and the president was so angry with her he told me he almost kicked her out and refunded her money. But then, he was operating on high emotion, so since then things calmed down and the next weekend we all played nicely together.

Thread Information