Page 333 of 422 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Should I change providers, a priority will definitely be US-based customer service! And no circular automated phone lines.

I told my landlord 2.5 months ago that I was going to be gone Aug 3-10 so he could replace the broken furnace while I was gone. He now tells me he wasn’t able to find someone and it will get done later. I am PISSED because I’ve moved a ton of stuff in the LR so there would be room to move furnace out and new one in. It will get done before the winter, but I’m just peeved. It’s very nice to have the decluttered LR. Even three weeks ago he was saying it would be done. I totally get about tradesmen cancelling and stuff but he could have told me earlier. My rent is cheap and there are occasional things like this.

Habitat for Humanity here has had lumber and roof truss companies just not deliver or even promise an exact deliver date and blow it off with no contact. Windows were ordered and at the last minute Habitat was told it "might" be another month. The whole system has broken down.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Habitat for Humanity here has had lumber and roof truss companies just not deliver or even promise an exact deliver date and blow it off with no contact. Windows were ordered and at the last minute Habitat was told it "might" be another month. The whole system has broken down.
    I feel fortunate that our home renovation project in Herman kept chugging along despite delays, shortages, and ridiculously high prices.

Kamala Harris' voice - just grinds on me to have to listen to her! It is a deal breaker - could never vote for her

Way over priced food at the ball park - eat before I go

Soda pop that you have to drink out of a plastic bottle - it just doesn't taste as good and gets warmer quicker - fountain drinks only

Nearly had a heart attack today. Was going down a street where cars are parked all along. A jogger RAN OUT in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and was inches from her. The stupid idiot ran out between parked cars. Thankfully my reflexes were good. Have to confess I was shaking after that.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Nearly had a heart attack today. Was going down a street where cars are parked all along. A jogger RAN OUT in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and was inches from her. The stupid idiot ran out between parked cars. Thankfully my reflexes were good. Have to confess I was shaking after that.
    That is horribly scary!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4724 Ragweed 2.jpg

Chipping away at this nightmare with no end, an unwanted side effect of a robust monsoon season. This is all pollinating ragweed and I am dying of an allergy attack here. Kicking myself for not pulling all this out over a month ago when it would have been easier, except it was raining every day. And then there are the bugs...they love me to no end and I have itchy bites everywhere in spite of covering myself up and using bug repellent. Sometimes the idea of a suburban lawn is pretty attractive...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not being able to find or being stood up by landscape or home repair companies is my current rant. I have two ailing trees in my back yard and if they don't get worked on before winter, they will end up on my roof. Actually had one company say they are so busy with tree work, that they can't even make an estimate for another month and then two months after that for the actual work. So many shysters too out there.

One more week and school starts. Teachers are in and "prepping" their rooms. The amount of garbage and recycle we are taking out every night is unbelievable! The number of things that could be donated but are just being thrown in the dumpster is unbelievable! We have a staging area actually on the stage of things teachers don't want and/or can take. It won't be long before whatever is left is tossed. Meanwhile, they are all on the phone trying to order new... things!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information