Page 150 of 422 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    How the heck are you supposed to dress yourself when your waist/hip area is a size 12 but your butt and thighs are more like a size 6? I just decided to see what I look like from behind while wearing what I though was a decent-looking and comfortable pair of cut-off shorts...ugh....skinny stick legs floating around inside a column of denim and a saggy seat area, yet tight around my waistband.

I honestly have no idea how to dress my aging, menopausal figure...dang, and I used to look pretty hot!
    That's why my daily outfit is yoga pants. If I were in the Southwest, I'd probably switch to simple cotton dresses. One year there was a sale at Bass and I bought 3 of the exact same dress: like a polo shirt with a collar and short sleeves, only a dress. It was a great comfortable, casual look. Wore a different color every day.

As you can see, I tend to go for "uniforms." I don't like making decisions about what I'm going to wear every day. No wonder I wanted to be a nun when I was young--the kind with the habits.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I was just at Duluth Trading Company here and they had a number of cotton dresses (looked like very long shirts and a coupld of short sleeved stretchy dresses. I also liked their pants and skorts.

Being out here in a hippy desert town my uniform IS denim cut-offs. I just had no idea that this particular pair (originally Ralph Lauren jeans that I got at the thrift store for a couple of bucks and cut off myself) looked so lousy. The thrift store doesn't have three way mirrors so I never really looked at myself from behind! I just wish some of the new fat around my waist and hips would migrate downward and fill out the seat of my pants.

I might break down this week and get some new shorts on sale at Kohl's or something. I have some coupons to use. My body has really changed this year being away from the Wholefoods job and drinking way more booze than I used to. I've packed on a few extra pounds and it doesn't look that bad, it's more like I am just not used to it. I think it is going to be my new normal, unfortunately, unless I get the same kind of job that had me running around all day long like a crazy person.

The painter. yes this is my skylight, freshly painted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yppej
    Equifax, which closed my help ticket without doing anything to help me. I will be drafting a complaint to my state attorney general this weekend.

That I was put in the situation of firing the painter, well that leads to probably the young men who have roofs to put over their heads being fired. I feel terrible for something that I did not cause but caused me to react.

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    That I was put in the situation of firing the painter, well that leads to probably the young men who have roofs to put over their heads being fired. I feel terrible for something that I did not cause but caused me to react.
    How did they paint it? Did they say anything (for example) about putting substance on it, that you paint over and it scrapes off?

Biking, another way to look at it is the young men who work for the painter --did they do the bad paint job? Did he tell them to do it that way?
    If he did, they are better off getting another employer and learning not to do things wrong.
    If they did it, then they can learn from what they did and get another job.
    I would certainly not take on that kind of guilt.

Yppej
    I am seeing why Trump voters dislike offshoring and immigration. For an upcoming trip my son and I tried to find out if the motel includes HBO. We have spoken with 5 different people and still don't know. These folks - at the hotel and apparently fresh off the boat, and at call centers in the Philippines - either have never heard of HBO or don't know and refer me to someone else who doesn't know. Surely there must be some unemployed Americans we could train to do these jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    These folks - at the hotel and apparently fresh off the boat, and at call centers in the Philippines - either have never heard of HBO or don't know and refer me to someone else who doesn't know. Surely there must be some unemployed Americans we could train to do these jobs?
    I would not expect much better from unemployed Americans in these jobs. Someones (likely employed Americans) have either hired incurious people with no ability to find answers to their (your) questions (the failure of the hirer, not the hired) or failed to provide adequate information so these people can do their jobs (not in their knowledgebase or computer) or has scoped the job of call-takers so tightly that there is no room for that kind of exploration ("Close the call!"). None of these issues goes away by hiring unemployed Americans.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information