Page 347 of 422 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Thanks! I was exhausted. I had 4.5 hours of underwater time this weekend. I never dive that much. Instructor said she could clearly see I was lagging yesterday. So this coming weekend will be one dive Sat am for me with classmate and then we’ll do one Sunday morning just her and I, to hopefully finish me off. She often does one on one for part of class for many students due to scheduling.
    Last edited by Tradd; 10-3-22 at 10:56pm.

Geez--I hope it doesn't "finish you off!"

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Geez--I hope it doesn't "finish you off!"
    Haha. Good one!

I had a frank talk with DH today, and it was made clear to me that he believes I love my job and have no problem working forever. This was somewhat surprising but no more so than when my eldest son told me at one point "I can't see you ever retiring" and my third son said essentially the same thing. I thought I was pretty clear on the fact that I am working because I have to at this point in time. I'm grateful that I have a job that pays well and I can do from my home but that doesn't mean I'm enamored of it. It's not fulfilling beyond the ability to pay my bills. I'm not saving lives or educating children. I'm a drug dealer. I do it for the money. I have said that repeatedly, so I don't know why this perception persists.

But it cracked me up when DH said, "Well, but what would you do if you retired??" Really?? Maybe the same things he does. Or the things all my college friends do now that they are retired. Maybe do all the things I wish I had more time for. Reading, gardening, working for environmental causes, hanging out with my grandkids, babysitting more often, just sitting period.

I'm just venting over the fact that I have somehow conveyed the idea that my whole raison d'ętre is to spend my days interviewing doctors and writing reports that pharmaceutical companies can use to sell more drugs.

Just a vent.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

You know I have a long memory Catherine and I actually remember (I don’t think I’m making this up in my head ) when you couldn’t see into the future to where you are now, that you would like to quit work. I don’t remember the exact conversation I just remember you wondering aloud why you would need so much money because you loved your job and good not want to quit it.

yeah. Retirement is great. I can’t relate to people who retire and then go back to work after a couple of years because they’re “bored. “

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You know I have a long memory Catherine and I actually remember (I don’t think I’m making this up in my head ) when you couldn’t see into the future to where you are now, that you would like to quit work. I don’t remember the exact conversation I just remember you wondering aloud why you would need so much money because you loved your job and good not want to quit it.

yeah. Retirement is great. I can’t relate to people who retire and then go back to work after a couple of years because they’re “bored. “
    Yeah--I don't bore myself easily. Sucks to be them.

Withdrawing from my coffee habit. It sucks. My head is exploding and my brain is fuggy. I'm only doing it under duress, meaning my gut cannot handle the stuff. It's been giving me horrible indigestion and the pain of that is greater than the pain of giving up my caffeine in the morning. Black tea isn't cutting it today though. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I really wanted Arby's for dinner last night but that means a 30 minute drive to and a 30 minute drive back home which I wasn't up for but went anyway. Drive there was fine but soon got very very bad.

First, I spilled part of a drink all over my lap. It literally looked like I had peed myself. Then I pull out and the drink carrier goes flying. Thank God all the lids stayed on and even more that I have WeatherTech floor liners. I had to pull into a parking lot to clean up. Mind you, my pants are still soaked from spilling the soda so I was embarrassed to be getting out of the car in public. I dump the floor liner and reposition the drink carrier and finally get home about an hour and half later.

SiouzQ, I hope you are feeling okay and that today goes better. Best of luck with quitting caffeine. I don't think I could do it.

Ugh, Klunick, that really stinks. Hope you at least enjoyed your Arby's once you got settled at home.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

I can see myself saying something to that effect, for sure. That's what perplexes me about the misperception about me from the people I love most and who are most bound to me. What have I communicated to them? it makes me almost feel that they don't know "the real me."

I remember telling my mother when I was young (and I may have already said this at some point here), "I want to do everything!" To which my mother said with a cautionary tone: "Jack of all trades, master of none..." While I've always admired single-focused folks, I'm just not wired that way. (I just saw a piece on CBS Sunday Morning about a breakthrough bluegrass musician who knew he wanted to be a bluegrass musician when he was about 5, and he's been playing bluegrass every since)

In my diary from 1965 is a drawing of a Tudor house under a weeping willow tree. The indoor blueprint showed a lower floor that was broken up into about 5-6 equal-sized rooms. One had a piano in it, one had a sewing machine in it. One had an easel in it. One had bookshelves and oak paneling and a wing chair. Probably another room had a stage in it, or maybe a chapel-type room--(that was around the time I wanted to be a nun) That was my ideal home. It represents what my ideal life would be, if I weren't working. That's why I was so flummoxed when DH asked me "But if you weren't working, what would you DO??"

I am starting to branch out into that ideal life with more sewing and more painting and certainly more gardening, and my strategy is to expand my leisure time as my financial situation approaches what it needs to be in order to stop working completely.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information