Page 256 of 422 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

DH and I had one of those older people conversations that seemed to go nowhere. We were trying to figure out how to get the wood stacked, because the guy who dropped it off couldn't get very close to the woodshed. So I said, we can use the garden cart. And he said, "What?"

"The garden cart"

"What are you talking about?"

Me, getting frustrated: "You know! You bought it a few years ago at Home Depot. You love it!"

Him: "I still don't know what the hell you're talking about."

Me, getting more frustrated: "It's black! It has 4 wheels! You keep it by your workshop!"

Him, light coming on: "Oh, you mean the wagon? It's a WAGON. A Gorilla WAGON. It's not an F-ing 'garden cart'! What, should we get out the tea and crumpets??!!"

I love how perspective colors reality..
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Amazon thinks it's a cart.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    I have one of these carts. https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/aca...00004906100560

I bought it at Academy Sports, but they're also available at Dick's and other sporting goods stores and on Amazon. Sizes (and quality?) vary so look around. The $44 one I got at Academy Sports has a rating of 200+ pounds and 6.5-inch wheels. Or you could go to a hardware or toy store and buy the traditional "little red wagon" which probably has 8" or 10" wheels.

Attachment 3625

I have that same cart for hauling around floral designs and flower show stuff, but I have not decided yet if it is more trouble than it is worth.

I prefer loading stuff into 5 gallon buckets for most jobs.Two of those usually do the job for me.

I have a charming vintage English wicker shopping basket I keep in
    Hermann to hold picnic supplies. It is more ornamental than practical, but it does work.

04F03250-0A67-4C3B-B158-43EBD2D5C0CD.jpg

I’ve been using those carts to haul my dive gear since I started diving. I love purple and when I have to replace current kne, I’ll definitely go purple!

I’ve had people try to buy it from me when I’ve been diving. I tell them no, as I’d have no way to haul my gear otherwise! But I always tell them to go online.

Catherine, I'm still laughing. I read this aloud to my husband who also laughed. We have had many of those conversations. I tend to use a tarp now for hauling weeds to the compost as it's easier for me to navigate.
    Last edited by nswef; 2-21-21 at 10:47am.

Another rant re: frustrations of online shopping... sneakers this time. I love Skechers, I have worn out several pairs in the last 20 years or so. Their sizes are true and quality doesn’t disappoint... until now. New outer sole pattern, and tiny rocks get stuck in the treads. Of course, they will mar hard surface floors, which almost everyone I know has these days. ARG!

I made it though this whole weeklong mess with 3 inches of snow and record low temps without losing my electricity or my water and with no frozen pipes. Then today (Saturday) the first day the weather has been nice, the fan on my 25 year old HVAC unit stops working!

The central AC quit working during the summer, but I don't care enough about AC to fix it. So I was ok as long as I had heat. Now I don't have heat and there's no point cheaping out on the replacement by only fixing the heat. Bottom line: I need a whole new HVAC unit (both the indoor and outside part) everything except the ductwork.

The only good thing about it is this happened after that coldspell was over and it's supposed to be warm for the next week. So I guess I should be happy about that, at least.

That’s a bummer George.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That’s a bummer George.
    Agreed!!

Thank God it happened after the cold spell. And also, 25 years is a pretty good life for an HVAC system
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Catherine, I'm still laughing. I read this aloud to my husband who also laughed. We have had many of those conversations. I tend to use a tarp no for hauling weeds to the compost as it's easier for me to navigate.
    We use a tarp many times, too. We do not have a garden cart or a wheelbarrow. For my once a year a garden cleanup of my city garden I use empty garbage cans. They are plastic and lightweight so they’re easy to haul around.

Maintaining the wheels on wheeled vehicle is a pain in the ass so that’s one reason why we don’t have them. Theoretically I could borrow one of the wheelbarrow in our community garden but it’s always too much trouble to go a block and a half to get them.

Thread Information