Page 346 of 422 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Our kitchen cabinets in Herman were provided by Diamond company through Lowe’s. Nice cabinets, I’m happy with them,, everything went smoothly except for one thing and that is apparently a special order to get cabinet doors with no fronts so that we can put in glass.

The ordering of these things was so convoluted that our Lowe’s representative said “I’ll just order them for you later, and you don’t have to pay for them.”

That was February. By June of our cabinets came and DH installed them. All but these four cabinet doors. Since then we’ve had five incorrect shipments. As of today we have three of the doors, we just need one more.

Yesterday we drove 30 miles to the Lowe’s store because we had an appointment with the kitchen cabinet designer who has already sold us two incorrect shipments. We brought with us one of the cabinet doors that is correct so that we could show him exactly what we want.

After driving 30 miles there, we found that he was not at work that day, he had called in sick. When we asked to speak to the store manager that guy didn’t have any good suggestions Tell us to come back and talk to the kitchen designer.

At some point I’ll probably contact Diamond directly. See, I haven’t wanted to complain too much up to this point because we were not in a huge hurry for these cabinet doors, they are free to us, we like the kitchen cabinets and Diamond did a really decent job in meeting the timeline they said they would meet. But FIVE incorrect shipments?

That is really disappointing, IL!!! Hopefully, you can get it resolved. I feel your pain.

We had painting done recently. I told the guy do it exactly like it was. We had wood in one place that I told him to paint. Of course, he did not do what I asked. I should not have paid him. Tomorrow we are getting 4 windows installed. I pray it goes well. It was horrible to even try to get someone to come out for an estimate. This company came when they said they would, the windows are here when they said they would be... so hopefully they will be properly installed.... fingers crossed.

I cannot EVEN imagine doing all the renovating you have been doing. It would drive me nuts. And, to have to pick and choose all that.. YIKES!! Good that you know what you want!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    That is really disappointing, IL!!! Hopefully, you can get it resolved. I feel your pain.

We had painting done recently. I told the guy do it exactly like it was. We had wood in one place that I told him to paint. Of course, he did not do what I asked. I should not have paid him. Tomorrow we are getting 4 windows installed. I pray it goes well. It was horrible to even try to get someone to come out for an estimate. This company came when they said they would, the windows are here when they said they would be... so hopefully they will be properly installed.... fingers crossed.

I cannot EVEN imagine doing all the renovating you have been doing. It would drive me nuts. And, to have to pick and choose all that.. YIKES!! Good that you know what you want!!!
    We had the contractor created by the angels. Every person we talk to who knows anything about his work says he is the best. He’s around 65 years old and I am hoping he hangs in there a few more years to help other people in Hermann because getting someone to renovate an old house is really difficult. Granted, they made some mistakes but nothing I can’t live with. The things in this renovation I was most disappointed about were sub contractors DH and I handled.

DD1236FE-5E31-498D-AB59-122B2F2845EA.jpg

The Wayfair company keeps showing me the stupidest products on Facebook. I long for a day when targeted digital marketing is competent and shows me actual products I want.

this is what they put across my Facebook newsfeed today, a child’s play washer/dryer set for $376. Can’t you get a new washer plus half a dryer for that amount, I mean one that actually has working parts that adult humans use to wash clothes? Where in the world did they get the idea that I want to see this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    DD1236FE-5E31-498D-AB59-122B2F2845EA.jpg

The Wayfair company keeps showing me the stupidest products on Facebook. I long for a day when targeted digital marketing is competent and shows me actual products I want.

this is what they put across my Facebook newsfeed today, a child’s play washer/dryer set for $376. Can’t you get a new washer plus half a dryer for that amount, I mean one that actually has working parts that adult humans use to wash clothes? Where in the world did they get the idea that I want to see this thing?
    I find Wayfair annoying because they expect you to register to even see their products. I deep-six their ads whenever I can.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I find Wayfair annoying because they expect you to register to even see their products. I deep-six their ads whenever I can.
    Renovating two properties as I have, I use Wayfair often. Their search software is superior to others I’ve used, getting down to a fairly granular detail. So yes, .i did register because I maintain product lists there.

But too many vendors want you to register in order to browse. I say Nope to that much of the time.

One of my favorite Halloween wreaths snapped into pieces and I only have my own stupidity to blame. Went to take the box off my armoire so I could dust before decorating and the wreath hit the ceiling fan that was on. Went flying to the ground and snapped. I am so mad at myself. It was made of styrofoam which I didn't realize so I tried putting toothpicks in each piece to hopefully make them stick back together but it didn't work.

Then I spent about an hour trying to find a replacement that I liked but didn't cost $60-$80 dollars. I think the one I broke was $20 from Target and it lasted years. Finally ordered one from Kohl's and thanks to a sale and Kohl's cash, it ended up being a reasonable price. Only bad part is I am decorating today and the wreath won't show up until sometime next week. I was really hoping to find one on Amazon that would be delivered tomorrow but no such luck.

So diving for rebreather training this weekend and it was very tough.

Yesterday was very challenging. Parts of the first dive were just horrid. Couple divers my instructor knows tagged along with permission on first dive. One of them, thinking he was Mr Funny Guy after my very bad dive, offered to buy my rebreather since he didn’t want to wait months himself for one. I told him to eff off to his face multiple times. He told me later he was joking and I just told him to eff off.

Sorry your not-so-great day was made even worse by this character, Tradd. As for the bad dive, I would chalk it up to "everyone has a bad day", move on and keep practicing. I have no doubts this is another aspect of diving that you will quickly master!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    So diving for rebreather training this weekend and it was very tough.

Yesterday was very challenging. Parts of the first dive were just horrid. Couple divers my instructor knows tagged along with permission on first dive. One of them, thinking he was Mr Funny Guy after my very bad dive, offered to buy my rebreather since he didn’t want to wait months himself for one. I told him to eff off to his face multiple times. He told me later he was joking and I just told him to eff off.
    You will get there. Two steps forward, one back, side to side, two forward…it is a difficult skill but you will get there.

Thread Information