Page 227 of 422 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

She should take down the instead of being rude.

Terry, yep!

My next door neighbor who idles his “exhaust boosted” very loud car under my dining room window for 12-20 minutes every morning. Makes my house vibrate, rattles the windows, and interrupts my online teaching! Grrr

Today's paper....
    Former US Fish and Wildlife Service Director, Dan Ashe, warning about the effect of a trump administration proposal to end the practice of using criminal penalties to pressure companies to prevent unintentional bird deaths. The decline of the bird population is very dire. EVERY day I read how trump is destroying the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Today's paper....
    Former US Fish and Wildlife Service Director, Dan Ashe, warning about the effect of a trump administration proposal to end the practice of using criminal penalties to pressure companies to prevent unintentional bird deaths. The decline of the bird population is very dire. EVERY day I read how trump is destroying the environment.
    He doesn't give a rat's a$$ about the environment. At least 95 rollbacks of environmental policies have been achieved or are in process. And COVID-19 isn't slowing him down a bit.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I don't usually have any rants but today I am PISSED OFF! The White House Briefing has generally started between 5-6 PM Eastern. Well, today Mr President did it at 2PM. I turned on my usual station in case he started early and I caught literally him leaving the stage.

I think it is important to watch the daily Briefing. But how the hell do we catch it when he jerks around the time? He's an Ass and could care less about we the people. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Haha! I said the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I think it is important to watch the daily Briefing. But how the hell do we catch it when he jerks around the time? He's an Ass and could care less about we the people. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    When they started those briefings, they did them in the early afternoon. It was interesting watching the market chyron on the screen as the DOW reacted to whatever was said, mostly in a bad way. Then they changed the briefings to start after the market closed and the DOW had it's best week in I think my lifetime. Today the market was closed for Good Friday. I doubt the change in times is designed to piss you off as much as it is to preserve your assets.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

The IL gov had been doing his around 2 pm. His are highly entertaining, primarily due to the sign language interpreter, who has a very animated face. But someone different was doing it today.

I mentioned buying groceries through Instacart this past week. Well, we didn't.

To not replay the entire sad affair, they sent me a confirmation email (with no list of items or a confirmation or order number; that should have been my first clue), promised a Sunday delivery, and put a hold on my credit card. When I went back to add to the order, there was no record of it. I spent about four hours waiting in chat queues without any response from Instacart. So I shopped elsewhere. Friday I got an email asking me to rate the service I got from their customer service rep. I replied that I hadn't heard from anyone. No response to that.

Today I got a text from the Instacart shopper; he's ready to shop. Huh? I have no record of what I bought. I told him the order was canceled. When I got hold of Instacart today I was told there was no order listed on my account because they canceled it for not having any shoppers available. Huh? So who contacted me today and what was he buying?

Having committed to a delivery date, they should have notified me on Thursday that they had canceled the order -- although clearly they hadn't canceled it on their end. I discovered that by accident. And if chat is the only way to contact the company, customers shouldn't sit enqueued for two hours with no idea of how the queue is progressing. I have a problem with putting a hold on the credit card days before the shopping is done, too.

I understand Instacart is getting slammed right now. I could deal with a delivery date even a couple of weeks into the future if that's all they had. Or wait in a long customer service queue if I have a rough idea of how long I'm committed to being tied to my computer or phone. But there was no communication about that. The coup de grace? At the end of today's chat, I asked how to get a transcript of the chat. Answer: you can't; it's not a feature of their system.

No accountability. I won't deal with that. Buh-bye Instacart. Prey on other people.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information