Page 200 of 422 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Arrrrgggg. Racist, gentrified, entitled neighbors.

We live in a downtown neighborhood that rapidly gentrified over the last few years. House prices exploded and a younger group moved in. We also still have low income/disabled housing and some remaining residents in their own homes. Some of the entitled neighbors are upset over anything that is not to their liking and have now started insulting others on social media for not jumping on their bandwagon.

The next thing I bet they will complain about is less than expensive pretty cars parked on "their" street.

And I would so much prefer our police be working on the serious homicide/gun issue we have right now. Prostitution, drunkedness, and people just acting/looking 'suspicious" are far down the my list of concerns at present. We have kids killing kids.

Sweet, our neighborhood has changed too but they are fitting in and in general are nice. We have a combo of retirees and young people moving in.

Ours seems to be young urban high income professionals. Houses are $400,000+ and rents now are $1000 at an absolute minimum. Retirees and lower income or elderly are moving out. Diversity is not valued.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Sweet, our neighborhood has changed too but they are fitting in and in general are nice. We have a combo of retirees and young people moving in.
    We've lived in our home for 28y now. Amazingly, over the years, we have always been a mix of: young families w/babies, mid-level young professionals as well as the newly retired and older-have died retired.

We are here for life so have been through all these phases (we hope to part of the latter) except no babies.

Our 1950’s ranches start at 330 and up depending on size. Many seniors own and our property taxes are crazy low. Rents start at 1600. Low income people that didn’t own have been shoved out. Since most houses only have a one car garage we see our neighbors when we walk the dogs plus we belong to Nextdoor.

Our issues have started on Nextdoor. We have had some racist posts, some photos posted of women in skimpy clothes calling them prostitutes, etc. In every instance it has been white neighbors complaining about African Americans. Even some older gentlemen sitting on stoops discussing the world are complained about and yes, they are African Americans. It grates on me because I like a diverse neighborhood. I would rather smile and say good morning or engage in conversation.

Since we live in a very downtown neighborhood, families don't move in. Those that have kids while living here, move out quickly. The overall age of the neighborhood population has decreased a lot.

I wouldn't touch Nextdoor without a hazmat suit. A friend passes along ND posts from time to time and they're gossipy and annoying--and I'm sure that's only the start.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I wouldn't touch Nextdoor without a hazmat suit. A friend passes along ND posts from time to time and they're gossipy and annoying--and I'm sure that's only the start.
    I don't care for NextDoor either. The majority of participants in my "neighborhood" were more than a 3 mile drive. That is NOT my 'hood. Even though the invite came from someone around the corner. No need for another social media platform. FB is enough.

I amA moderator for Nextdoor. They are called “leads” there. Nextdoor is brilliant for finding lost pets.

We are a little more than a mile from downtown. We have decent sized yards so it’s always been a family neighborhood. Nextdoor does a great job of bringing pets home. Sometimes people go on about the homeless.

Thread Information