Page 220 of 421 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 4206

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm neutral on white--depends on the rest of the house/decor. However, I did see one of those stupid FB slideshows: "Trends On Their Way Out" and white cabinets was one of them, because supposedly people didn't realize you see dirt much more easily on white and they don't want to have to wipe them down all the time.

I painted over my white cabinets in my VT house--they are now Wasabi. I love it.

http://media.benjaminmoore.com/WebSe...tch/AF-430.jpg

Jane, I agree that they have given your SO's place the charm of a hospital kitchen. Aggravating.
    Or a morgue...

Whenever I look at pictures posted they are blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Jane - that is indeed very ugly.

Iris - why don't you do painted cabinets? I'm partial to green myself but you can just pick something that you will enjoy looking at everyday. No one says you have to do white!
    I am thinking of green cabinets, yep. Maybe even the trendy duo tones, with white for top and green for bottom cabinets. The white or ivory lightens the room. I am trying to keep a minimum of surface colors. I would like to have have no more than 4. In an ideal world the ceiling, the upper cabinets, the backsplash, and the counter top is all the same color. Different textures of course, but one color or close-color. The floor will be, I hope, a medium oack to match the original floor in the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Some flipper bought and remuddled my SO's condo. I hate every single thing she did to it from the mint green walls to the ugly stripey faux wood floors to the uber-shiny white on white kitchen. It was built in the seventies, too.

Attachment 3040
    ah yes, the ubiquitous grey barn-board-wannabe floors. I hate those with a passion, arent we all sick and tired of them by now?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    ah yes, the ubiquitous grey barn-board-wannabe floors. I hate those with a passion, arent we all sick and tired of them by now?
    Considering they replaced saltillo tile in the kitchen (!), they're doubly cursed in my view. There are so many flooring options now, most of them much more appealing than the faux barn floor look. Real reclaimed barn floors would probably work in some buildings--like vacation cabins--but they clearly don't work here.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Considering they replaced saltillo tile in the kitchen (!), they're doubly cursed in my view. There are so many flooring options now, most of them much more appealing than the faux barn floor look. Real reclaimed barn floors would probably work in some buildings--like vacation cabins--but they clearly don't work here.

yes! There are so many choices of flooring! Same with tile. If you go to a tile store There are scads of gorgeous tile. Even the limited selection of a big box store give some interesting options. But all of the tile backsplashes I see now are one of two things: subway tile Which I actually like because it’s classic, or that dominant brown tile that comes in small rectangles. I don’t like that stuff mainly because it’s all over the place.

I like what I like and trends be damned. I think that not going with what you like because it is currently trendy is just as bad as going with something because it is trendy. Either way, you are letting trends dictate your choices.
    I love simple classic white kitchens, and that would be a pretty appropriate style for our 1920s cottage. I don't watch TV and my only shelter magazine is the Old House Journal, so I am not terribly aware of the latest trends.

My kitchen cupboards are a deep black-brown, quality cabinets. Do they ever show the dust on a sunny day! Had a medium golden oak in my last house and loved its elegance. An old farmhouse kitchen needed a lot of work. We painted the cupboards white and bright yellow and the walls had large 8" sunflowers on a white background wallpaper. That was my favourite colour combo. I always choose white appliances.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

meijer.jpg

I was in the grocery store yesterday and this whole 5 door section with white tape around it came off the wall at the top and started to topple on me when I opened the door. I got it pushed back and found a manager since the stocker was totally unhelpful. The manager actually said "I dont know what to do." I suggested caution tape and a barrier since it was so dangerous.

I was concerned so walked back to the area and photographed it. All they had done was replace the white tape and you can see the man doing it. Contacted the company and they are to call me.

I am going to go back to day and if it is not secure, I am going to file an OSHA complaint.

Imagine if the door unit had fallen on me, a child, a disabled person in a wheeled chair?

The refrigerator case, the entire thing, fell forward!!!?? Whaaaaaaaat? That is scary. I’m glad you are following up on this situation. I’ll bet it’s been like that for a while now.

Thread Information