Page 410 of 422 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 4219

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

TMS: There's a song for every occasion!

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    This will be my theme song from now on!!

Manager told me to WFH Friday as my hacking up a lung Thursday was making some coworkers uncomfortable. She basically told HR to eff off as they were very cranky with me WFH. Finally got cough medicine pills from doc yesterday. Still coughing but it’s better. Back to the office tomorrow. I’ve stayed in since getting home Thursday night except for running to Walgreens drive thru for meds yesterday. Stayed cozy in bed reading, sleeping, and surfing the net.

Back at the office yesterday as Friday was WFH. Got a ton done. I’m out sick today. Antibiotics didn’t play well with my system and I was feeling so bad this morning. I’m done with antibiotics thankfully. My stomach had good timing as we have ice today and a coworker who lives near me said roads were awful.

Frustration! Got messages from my bank this morning asking me to verify weird charges on my credit card. No, did not authorize. Not mine. Filed the claim form. Then got to thinking… The last time I tried to use that card, online, it would not go through, kept getting a ms that expiration date was incorrect. It did have a long date- to 2028. But it wouldn’t work. I don’t carry it, so it could not have been skimmed out of my pocket. So it must have been compromised while I was online. And the only reason I was trying to use it was to keep it open, it has a zero balance and I haven’t used it in months. Just can’t win!!

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    Frustration! Got messages from my bank this morning asking me to verify weird charges on my credit card. No, did not authorize. Not mine. Filed the claim form. Then got to thinking… The last time I tried to use that card, online, it would not go through, kept getting a ms that expiration date was incorrect. It did have a long date- to 2028. But it wouldn’t work. I don’t carry it, so it could not have been skimmed out of my pocket. So it must have been compromised while I was online. And the only reason I was trying to use it was to keep it open, it has a zero balance and I haven’t used it in months. Just can’t win!!
    That is always so scary, when credit cards are targeted.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    Are you SURE the fraud notifications were from your bank and not a scammer? Did you contact bank from app or call number on back of your card? Fraudulent fraud notifications are a big time scam.

Watched a YouTube video yesterday with a mid-30's lady shocked to learn that in order to have a clean and tidy home, it required daily tasks be done... daily!! She couldn't figure out why her house was always a disaster after not doing anything for several days or up to a week. Why is my sink full of dishes all the time?? Why is there literal garbage all over my living room??? Why are clothes strewn all over the house???

No wonder older generations hate the next up and coming generation. Seems like each generation is getting more stupid to the point that they need to be directly told to clean up after themselves!!

Hey if we get to complain about kids these days, here’s the latest fashion showing up everywhere that is just so stupid. It is showing your underwear, or lack of it, under a see-through black dress. .

I’ve seen some pretty “out there” versions of this outfit, including one worn by Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend. You would think he could afford to buy her some underwear.

I can see kids and young people jumping on this trend along with rappers and their girlfriends because they don’t know any better. But 55-year-old Naomi Watts is a style icon. I guess she feels she has to keep up with the tacky stuff. That is too bad.

it was only a couple of seasons ago on Project Runway that one of the designers wanted to show this very thing and was taken to task by Christian Seriano for showing boobies. He said it was tacky. No kidding

IMG_4016.jpg
    I am not a serious person.

When the Golden Globes were on, I started getting texts from my kids about Florence Pugh's dress. They thought it was a nip slip, but it was actually quite intentional. Honestly, with all the ctrap going on on TV these days, sheer isn't one of the things high on my list to complain about.

https://www.vogue.com/article/floren...es-sheer-dress
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information