Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221
Results 2,201 to 2,204 of 2204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

That’s horrible. Glad you are keeping on top of this.

Yes, I opened the last door, heard a rip and the door tipped about 8 inches forward before I caught it. If I had not held it up all five doors were attached and the tape had given way all the way down the whole length. Only one layer of duct tape was holding the set of five glass doors to the wall. After lunch we are going back up to buy our window shades at Lowes and then a stop at the store with the door issue. I am going to photograph it.

Old stuff is not necessarily simpler.

The Ellen Show has hilarious bits with millennials trying to figure out old stuff like

1) how to use a rotary phone

. 2) how to re fold a large map

3) how to use a manual typewriter

the rotary phone segment is a scream! They have no idea they are supposed to pick up the ear piece before dialing. She didnt know how to make the numbers work

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Old stuff is not necessarily simpler.

The Ellen Show has hilarious bits with millennials trying to figure out old stuff like

the rotary phone segment is a scream! They have no idea they are supposed to pick up the ear piece before dialing. She didnt know how to make the numbers work
    We were never early adopters of the latest technology. Back in 1990, we still had a rotary dial wall phone--everyone else had push buttons. One of my son's friends came in and asked if he could use the phone to call his mother and I told him the phone was in the kitchen. I heard nothing but silence, and a few minutes later he came back out of the kitchen and headed for the door.

"Did you call your mother?" I asked him, because he clearly didn't speak with anyone that I could hear. He said "No. I couldn't figure out how to use your phone." That was back in 1990!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information