Page 101 of 415 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4219

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An organization to which I belong, always complaining and whining about loss of members, no new members are joining, etc etc did this:awarded a posthumous award to someone who died 32 years ago. There was discussion in the business meeting about it.

Why? why why why? Apparently, it is not unusual for this organization to make awards to people long dead. I did not know this because I don't go to the meetings because they are a waste of my time because of actions like this.

Dear god, who CARES at this point that the long dead woman did a lot for this particular plant society? Why would anyone new be interested in an action about someone they never met, will never meet, and only NOW is being honored in this way. WHAT IS THE FREAKING POINT.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 5-17-15 at 8:34am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    An organization to which I belong, always complaining and whining about loss of members, no new members are joining, etc etc did this:awarded a posthumous award to someone who died 32 years ago. There was discussion in the business meeting about it.

Why? why why why? Apparently, it is not unusual for this organization to award awards to people long dead. I did not know this because I don't go to the meetings because they are a waste of my time because of actions like this.

Dear god, who CARES at this point that the long dead woman did a lot for this particular plant society? Why would anyone new be interested in an action about someone they never met, will never meet, and only NOW is being honored in this way. WHAT IS THE FREAKING POINT.
    Yeah, But: It is likely that you are wrong-O on this matter. Did it ever occur to you that if you show up for every meeting, be nice to everyone, serve refreshments (and even Pizza), that someday---30 years after you are gone--YOU might be remembered for your contribution to the organization? For gads sake--try and be positive. Hope that helpps you some. Thankk Mee.

I won't be honored in this way, main reason being that this organization is dying. It will be dead before I'm dead.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I won't be honored in this way, main reason being that this organization is dying. It will be dead before I'm dead.
    And you can give it a posthumous award for being Most Illogical Iris Society In Western Illinois. Give It A MIIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Yeah, But: It is likely that you are wrong-O on this matter. Did it ever occur to you that if you show up for every meeting, be nice to everyone, serve refreshments (and even Pizza), that someday---30 years after you are gone--YOU might be remembered for your contribution to the organization? For gads sake--try and be positive. Hope that helpps you some. Thankk Mee.
    Just buried my MIL last month. She was involved in many things... President on down the line of organizations ..... very few people attended her funeral. Goes to show that people really don't care. I'm with IL... who cares years from now what others who don't know you think of you. Not to mention that you are dead.... so what does it matter?

I feel like a complete failure today. Just really down in the dumps.
    Guess I'll go pull some weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    I feel like a complete failure today. Just really down in the dumps.
    Guess I'll go pull some weeds.
    We all feel like this sometimes. We all know this is not true of you. You have had a lot on your plate lately with the move and all. Do something fun for yourself! Hope tomorrow is better!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    We all feel like this sometimes. We all know this is not true of you. You have had a lot on your plate lately with the move and all. Do something fun for yourself! Hope tomorrow is better!
    I second that, Gardenarian!

Sorry Gardenarian. I'm down in the dumps because we HAVE so many weeds! We really need to cut back somehow. I don't want to live the rest of my years working this hard!

Edited to add: And you're NOT a failure! (((hugs))))

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Sorry Gardenarian. I'm down in the dumps because we HAVE so many weeds! We really need to cut back somehow. I don't want to live the rest of my years working this hard!

Edited to add: And you're NOT a failure! (((hugs))))
    oh yeah, another peeve: for only 6 days I ignored weeding, and now it's back to being a jungle. Ugh.

Thread Information